Sponsored by:

Help! Door will not open

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Xcellr8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help! Door will not open

Locked door with key. Then unlocked door with key. Pulled outside door handle, door would not open. Tried unlocking with fob (remote), pulled outside handle, no difference - would not open. Tried opening from inside, would not open.

Removed inside door panel, pulled both handles - separately, and could confirm that mechanism connected to handles was moving.

When turning key, or using fob, can hear lock and unlock action. Still door will not open.

Took power away by disconnecting the battery. Tried again with key, no difference.

Is lock not unlocking, or is the latch just not releasing? How can I get the door open? Passenger door works fine.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Ellsie28
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all of you who started to think that this was a figment of my imagination this is a photo of my car
Old 07-20-2022, 11:34 AM
Jay koch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same door problem

Originally Posted by Xcellr8
Locked door with key. Then unlocked door with key. Pulled outside door handle, door would not open. Tried unlocking with fob (remote), pulled outside handle, no difference - would not open. Tried opening from inside, would not open.

Removed inside door panel, pulled both handles - separately, and could confirm that mechanism connected to handles was moving.

When turning key, or using fob, can hear lock and unlock action. Still door will not open.

Took power away by disconnecting the battery. Tried again with key, no difference.

Is lock not unlocking, or is the latch just not releasing? How can I get the door open? Passenger door works fine.

Thanks,
Joe
Have exact same problem. Am about ready to grind off latch catch bolts from inside air intake to get door open. I don't wish too. Help!
Old 07-22-2022, 03:49 PM
76FJ55
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I assume that your door latch should look like the one pictured below. the lock position should be visible in the circled are, which sits above the connection for the inside door handle cable. the picture below shows the latch in the unlocked position. the foot of the internal handle actuator is designed to push the lock to the unlocked position on the first pull then on the second pull the door should be unlocked and therefore open. if there is something restricting or causing the lock to spring back then any subsequent handle pull with still be trying to unlock the system instead of opening the door. Can you check to verify that the unlock position is achieved via the.key, remote or first pull of the internal handle. if it doesn't fully unlock by the previous methods you may need to reach into the door and push it to or hold it in the unlocked. then try one of the release handles again.

The following users liked this post:
BondJ (07-22-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 01:59 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,669 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay koch
Have exact same problem. Am about ready to grind off latch catch bolts from inside air intake to get door open. I don't wish too. Help!
For goodness sakes don't shoot yourself in the foot and start hacking into the car. You'll only make matters worse. There is NO way to get the door open by going into the air intake.

Pay a professional locksmith to open the door. Then replace the lock assembly. That the culprit in most all of these cases!

Follow this procedure...
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-detailed.html

Quick Reply: Help! Door will not open