Sponsored by:

WINDOW PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 02:08 PM
dzaprev
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default WINDOW PROBLEMS

Hello, Have a 1998 Boxster I am working on. replaced switch at convertible top . had erratic operation . Windows go up and down now but onlu 3/4 up?Windows only go up 3/4 of the way when the top is up but will go fully up if top is down. Is there way of resetting windows to go fully up and down ?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM
clickman
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I assume you're talking about one-touch operation. Try fully raising the window by pushing the "up" button, then hit the button again.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:17 PM
dzaprev
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Windows only go up 3/4 of the way when the top is up but will go fully up is top is down.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by dzaprev
Windows only go up 3/4 of the way when the top is up but will go fully up is top is down.
If you push and hold the up button does the window go all the way up?

If the answer is yes, the window limits probably need to be reset. To do this you use the lower button and press and hold to lower the window all the way down. Release the button then press and hold the raise button until the window is all the way up. Continue to hold the raise button for 5 seconds. Done. Repeat for the other window.

If the answer is no, then all I can think of is the battery needs to be disconnected. Be sure all electrical loads are turned off. Remove the key from the ignition. Following the owners manual instructions disconnect the battery.

After disconnecting you can step on the brake pedal to remove any residual electrical power from the car's electrical system.

Carefully reconnect the battery. You will have to reset the window limits as I described above.

If this doesn't help then it reads like you have a a wiring/switch problem that signals the top is down when it is not or vice versa.

Is the new top switch connected correctly? Is it the right switch for the car's MY?

Quick Reply: WINDOW PROBLEMS