Sponsored by:

Boxster high-beam DRL issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 08:29 PM
kentubman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster high-beam DRL issue

I have Canadian 2000 Boxster S with litronic lights.

The Daytime running lights recently stopped coming on. Also, I noticed that the low-beams go off when I turn on the high beams. They do stay on when I just flash the high beams. I'm not sure if that is the proper behavior but at night the high beams do not seem right. The manual says the low beams should rise a bit when high beams are on.

I can't remember exactly what should be on when, but I believe there are supposed to be marker lights on (same spot on the turn signals) in front. The turn signals work fine but the marker lights in front never come on. The side marker lights do work fine.

Any suggestions? I have re-seated both headlight units. I assume it can't be fuses since all the lights work at some point. I did check the marker-light fuse and some others.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

My 996 Turbo with bi-xenon lights has what is suspected of being a bad igniter (controller, fancy smacy ballast). The passenger head light is out, though not always. The high beam works on both sides.

There is at least one dark light on the driver's side but this could be a burned out bulb and not something from the ballast on the other side.

Any chance the headlight switch is going bad? (I had the one in my Turbo replaced a while back when both headlights would sometimes fail to come on when I turned them on.)
Old 07-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Taff18
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi...I had a similar issue on my Canadian 2003 Boxster and I replaced the daytime running light relay part #996 615 111 00.... no issues since!

Quick Reply: Boxster high-beam DRL issue