Sponsored by:

New to me Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to me Boxster S

I sold my 97 a few years ago and regretted it ever since. I saw this Rain Forest Green Metallic S with hardtop on Craiglist last week and just couldn't live without it. PPI shows need brakes pretty soon and rear tires. I have a set of 18s with good tires in the basement waiting for new brakes. Actually I have a couple of different sets of wheels.

I have some 18 x 8 and 18 x 9s that won't require spacers, plus I have two different sets of 996 offset wheels....Technology twists and the BBS made for Porsche 2 piece 10 spokes. The Boxster offset wheels are Voxx 10 spokes that look great IMO, but aren't the best quality wheel in the world. What is the skinny on spacers. Is it acceptable to use a 17mm spacer in rear with 18 x 10 ET 65MM wheels?

The single tip exhaust is a bit discolored and it doesn't really sound quite as good as I recall my 97 sounded for some reason. Means I have to start looking for an exhaust, a catback at the very least. What's got the best sound, minus any drone? Thanks for any input.

The bad news is I have to sell something or lose a wife with a 6 figure income. Can't let that happen https://rennlist.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by smshirk
I sold my 97 a few years ago and regretted it ever since. I saw this Rain Forest Green Metallic S with hardtop on Craiglist last week and just couldn't live without it. PPI shows need brakes pretty soon and rear tires. I have a set of 18s with good tires in the basement waiting for new brakes. Actually I have a couple of different sets of wheels.

I have some 18 x 8 and 18 x 9s that won't require spacers, plus I have two different sets of 996 offset wheels....Technology twists and the BBS made for Porsche 2 piece 10 spokes. The Boxster offset wheels are Voxx 10 spokes that look great IMO, but aren't the best quality wheel in the world. What is the skinny on spacers. Is it acceptable to use a 17mm spacer in rear with 18 x 10 ET 65MM wheels?

The single tip exhaust is a bit discolored and it doesn't really sound quite as good as I recall my 97 sounded for some reason. Means I have to start looking for an exhaust, a catback at the very least. What's got the best sound, minus any drone? Thanks for any input.

The bad news is I have to sell something or lose a wife with a 6 figure income. Can't let that happen https://rennlist.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Nice color! Enjoy.

Quick Reply: New to me Boxster S