boxster window adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 AM
curt_928
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default boxster window adjustment

Hello Everyone,

I have an 02' that erratically drops the windows when I enter the can. The 1/2" drop to avoid pinching the rubber with opening the door only occasionally drops... Replaced the window regulator on the passenger side and it solved the problem on the passenger side... drivers side still does it though... motor works fine, etc. etc. It' due to cable tension being lost with wear in the regulator...

Can I adjust the tension of the cable in the window regulator? OR do I have to buy a new regulator all together?

Many thanks,

Curt
Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default I'msans shop manual so can't look at pictures...but if cable...

Originally Posted by curt_928
Hello Everyone,

I have an 02' that erratically drops the windows when I enter the can. The 1/2" drop to avoid pinching the rubber with opening the door only occasionally drops... Replaced the window regulator on the passenger side and it solved the problem on the passenger side... drivers side still does it though... motor works fine, etc. etc. It' due to cable tension being lost with wear in the regulator...

Can I adjust the tension of the cable in the window regulator? OR do I have to buy a new regulator all together?

Many thanks,

Curt
play cuase of failure of window to drop when you open door and if play adjustable then adjustment is what is needed. Never been inside door so I can't say.

Have noticed - though very very rare -- upon opening driver's door window fails to drop. Since it works again next time think it may be due to me just opening door handle enough to unlatch door but not cause trigger to lower window.

Could be a switch position problem then.

Also, the windows can be reset. Disconnect battery power from car. Note radio codes/other things before you disconnect battery.

After waiting 15 minutes reconnect and then reset window switches. Steps in owners manual and in Bentley manual. I think you lower window completely, then raise by pressing holding switch and after window fully up holding switch a bit longer. But how much longer I can't recall.

Also, if your car has e-Gas you'll have to reset e-Gas. Steps in Bentley manual and maybe owners manual.

If you want steps, ask and I'll look them up.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
curt_928
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Macster,

Thanks for the reply! I can hear the window motor turning when I lift the switch on the handle to open the door.. don't think it is a switch issue. I replaced my passenger side regulator and it solved the problem 100 percent. I'll try the reset before I install the drivers side regulator I ordered... but I think they just wear out and the play in the mechanism becomes excessive.

By the way, installing one takes about 1.5 hours. Not bad at all!

Many thanks for the reply!

Curt

Quick Reply: boxster window adjustment