Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers door rattle @ shoulder !

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 01:13 AM
Berno
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face drivers door rattle @ shoulder !

help ! rattles at all speeds,definite fine rattle coming from door lock assembly area @ shoulder;@ speeds of 30 to 55 miles per hour and also higher on asphalt roads and concrete;dealer has tried to fix 3 times ;anybody have expierence with this problem ? thanx guys !
Old 07-19-2001, 10:53 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts
Not sure my 996 Cab had the exact same problem, but here's what happened. I noticed on hot days, my passenger door had an annoying rattle, I thought coming from the speaker box area. I could lean over and press on the storage compartment of that door while driving and eliminate the noise, so I knew it was something behind the door panel.

The expert tech at my dealership (Hendrick) took the door panel off (careful if you do this yourself - there are airbag sensors and screws you just have to know where) and found a loose screw in the door panel about 5 inches from the speaker.

He tightened it up, then laid the fix-all on it: sticky sided felt - he covered the area with it as if it were added insulation, but certainly it did the trick.

I would suspect yours might be a bit more involved if it's the doorlock assembly.

Hope this helps.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: drivers door rattle @ shoulder !