Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster S standard suspension v.s. sport (030) suspension..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 10:33 PM
Dave in Talent, oregon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Boxster S standard suspension v.s. sport (030) suspension..

What is the difference between standard U. S. spec Boxster S suspension and factory sport (030) suspension as regards shocks, diameter of sway bars, struts. I would like to lower my standard suspension Boxster S to European specs. Am considering installing ROW (rest of world) 030 sport springs to lower the car 1 inch all the way around. Do I need to upgrade shocks, sway bars, struts as well?
Old 05-31-2001, 12:10 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The US M030 option does not lower the ride height of the Boxster. It only provides firmer shocks and springs. Your best bet is to order the car without M030 and retrofit it with the ROW M030 setup which lowers the car 20 mm in front and 10 mm at rear.
Old 05-31-2001, 12:20 AM
Chad in NH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question is, are you only interested in lowering it, or do you want to be able to adjust the suspension too? If it's the former, buy ROW springs or an equivalent, H&Rs are popular.

If it's the latter you should look at a coilover suspension w/ progressive rate springs. That's what I have on my Boxster and it handles great. Still comfortable for daily driving on the horrible road surfaces here in New England too.

Quick Reply: Boxster S standard suspension v.s. sport (030) suspension..