Sponsored by:

Boxster brain/alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 09:19 PM
Mueller
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Boxster brain/alarm question

Is the alarm function (which kills the car) part of the main ECU on the Boxsters? Is there a way to disable the alarm completely or by-pass it if it part of the ECU?

The reason I'm asking is that a buddy of mine is installing a Boxster motor (2.7)in his 914 and would like to use the factory FI and ECU, but if the alarm cannot be disabled or bypassed, carbs and an aftermarket ignition will have to be used. (?)

[ 30-05-2001: Message edited by: Mueller ]
Old 06-03-2001, 01:09 PM
outbox
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are going to the trouble of engineering the Boxster engine to fit a 914 chassis, spoofing the ECU with factory or aftermarket sensors is easy.

Look at the wiring diagrams to see if you can simply short the sensors or if you need to actually install them on the new car.

Originally posted by Mueller:
<STRONG>Is the alarm function (which kills the car) part of the main ECU on the Boxsters? Is there a way to disable the alarm completely or by-pass it if it part of the ECU?

The reason I'm asking is that a buddy of mine is installing a Boxster motor (2.7)in his 914 and would like to use the factory FI and ECU, but if the alarm cannot be disabled or bypassed, carbs and an aftermarket ignition will have to be used. (?)

[ 30-05-2001: Message edited by: Mueller ]</STRONG>

Quick Reply: Boxster brain/alarm question