Notices

2016 SCCA Solo Nationals - looking for co-drive opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Sprockett
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 SCCA Solo Nationals - the co-driving thread

Figured I'd start looking early. I'm between competitive autocross cars this year but still looking to attend Solo Nationals. I'm on a Porsche streak at the moment and my ideal drive would be a somewhat competitive Porsche in Super Street class but I'm clearly open to any opportunity offered. I'm not picky on the days of competition.

I'm able and willing to exchange a reasonable sum for the ride. I'd like to think I'm easy on equipment, respectful to other peoples cars, helpful/mechanically inclined, and in the unlikely event of any at fault incident, I am financial able to cover costs. I've been auto crossing for 19 years and I've been attending Solo Nationals since 2010 in 6 different classes. I've shared cars (other peoples cars as well as shared my own car with other) at Nationals every trip except my first and enjoy the experience that affords. If it matters, I've managed to trophy in three of the past four years in three different classes and three different cars from SSM and SSR to lowered powered cars in BS and feel like I've been a good co-driver to all I've shared with.

If anyone is willing to talk about sharing a ride for the big show, please let's get in touch.

Thanks,
Ryan Clark

Last edited by Sprockett; 06-15-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:48 AM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I would also be interested in Co-Driving at Nationals this year in SS, SSR, AS, BS, SSP, etc. A well prepped 991 GT3 in SS (assuming tire/wheel availability) would be great:-)

Seriously though -- GT4 (had one and can help with setup), GT3s (drove GT2s, GT3s at Nationals in past and won or trophied after setting up cars), interesting 997 Turbos in SSP:-)? Happy to contribute all the contingencies back to owner and help transport cost to Nats, and tires. Would like to get a few events in the car before Nationals at a Tour and Pro, but that may be hard.

Currently have a Viper ACR-Extreme which has been buried in SSP (although who knows -- it may be competitive there if I want to go that route). Was thinking I would rather not take the time to deal with all the development for SSP if the car can get allowed in SS...

James Gunn-Wilkinson
2003 SM2 National Winner (Provisional Class still in C5)
2005 ASP National Champion (In GT2)
2005 Pro Solo Finale Class and Overall Challenge Winner (in GT2)
Old 06-15-2016, 05:49 PM
XPC5
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpgunn
I would also be interested in Co-Driving at Nationals this year in SS, SSR, AS, BS, SSP, etc. A well prepped 991 GT3 in SS (assuming tire/wheel availability) would be great:-)

Seriously though -- GT4 (had one and can help with setup), GT3s (drove GT2s, GT3s at Nationals in past and won or trophied after setting up cars), interesting 997 Turbos in SSP:-)? Happy to contribute all the contingencies back to owner and help transport cost to Nats, and tires. Would like to get a few events in the car before Nationals at a Tour and Pro, but that may be hard.
I heard that James. The seat is spoken for, I am tire warming for my wife in the solo II nationals
Old 06-15-2016, 11:05 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Stan -- figured you would. I think the car looks like a blast. If you ever want to part with it, let me know.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Sprockett
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, I'm reminded that a 'reasonable sum' might mean different things to different people. To clarify, I might be able to agree to what appears an unreasonable sum I understand it can be an expensive proposition to attend this event.

Quick Reply: 2016 SCCA Solo Nationals - looking for co-drive opportunity