New SCCA PAX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 02:24 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SCCA PAX

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2016.html

Some help in GS, BS, and SS as they stay the same and the others are bumped up a little
Old 11-21-2015, 12:14 PM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

WTF are HCS / HCR?
Old 11-21-2015, 06:34 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see that and I don't know
Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Heritage Classic: Street and Race tire. Basically a niche supplemental class for old GP cars. As I understand it (based on conventional wisdom/rumor-mill and thus probably wrong) is that nobody showed up in GP anymore (because who would want to?) so SEB killed it. Then the handful of people who still wanted to run it launched a massive whine campaign until HC was created by the national office. So, sort of like CAM with that respect. I hear they had an excruciatingly long soap-box at the banquet at nationals this year begging people to run HC.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sjfehr
I hear they had an excruciatingly long soap-box at the banquet at nationals this year begging people to run HC.
You would be correct
Old 11-22-2015, 11:14 AM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

wow, found the rules & SCCA zero'd in on *exactly* what was missing from Solo -> a prep class where an '84 Renault Alliance can battle its arch rival '89 Geo Metro w/ the (faint) possibility both might be upset by an early 356, course dependent naturally..

I'm sure the other Porsches are sufficiently buried to keep them from becoming overdogs, you know.. to keep from upsetting the competitive balance within the class.

ugh.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:19 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ToSi
wow, found the rules & SCCA zero'd in on *exactly* what was missing from Solo -> a prep class where an '84 Renault Alliance can battle its arch rival '89 Geo Metro w/ the (faint) possibility both might be upset by an early 356, course dependent naturally..

I'm sure the other Porsches are sufficiently buried to keep them from becoming overdogs, you know.. to keep from upsetting the competitive balance within the class.

ugh.
Two notes:

1. HC was the result of a few well connected / influential whiners. They bypassed the Solo Events Board (who is against HC) and the rules process to get their own classes dictated from the tippy top of the national office.

What's funny it's the same people that got GP created a few years ago, then stopped showing up when they were getting beat by 30 year old Hondas. Which then killed that class.

2. Porsches are making some positive inroads. Looks like some form of Boxster and 911 are going to make it into STU. Also there's a point in this month's FasTrack to bump a couple of Boxsters / Caymans down from "totally buried" to "still buried but only shallowly."

Quick Reply: New SCCA PAX