Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Kenwood DNN990HD issue...boomy, lack of treble

Old 12-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts
Default Kenwood DNN990HD issue...boomy, lack of treble

All,
When i picked up my boxster from the previous owner, it sounded great. I had to disconnect the battery to swap steering wheels, and that reset the unit.

I have since played with every setting I could think of, but I still get a very bass heavy sound with a distinct lack of treble. I'm not sure if its a crossover issue, but its very annoying.

Any input you can provide would be great.

thanks.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

It's tough to answer your query without knowing exactly how they had the system set up. There are certain instances where one might use the front output in that car for the dash and the rear output for the doors, in which case your crossovers and output levels will probably be the culprit. It could also have a really poor response and needs a lot of EQ to get back to a quality sound.

Kenwood radios are terrible to navigate the audio settings, so I'm not sure I'd be able to walk you through much, but if you can get into the crossover, eq, and balance/fade options I should be able to help you diagnose where your problem is. Send me a PM if your interested and we can hop on a quick phone call to run through some troubleshooting.

—Nick
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Mine was booming also until I set the subwoofer level to -15, and Loudness to OFF. There is still plenty of bass, nice and solid. Maybe the treble is being overwhelmed by the heavy bass. I have my setup in a GT3RS.1, and I am very pleased with my setup from Car Audio Innovations in Roseville, CA (a suburb of Sacramento). I can see you are on the east coast, but maybe they can help you out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kenwood DNN990HD issue...boomy, lack of treble