Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Kenwood vs Pioneer

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kenwood vs Pioneer

So I'm desperate for a new head unit. I want the pioneer NEX8000 ($1500), but my friend can get kenwood for 1/2 price. So I'm torn to pay full retail vs a great kenwood alternative.

Biggest requirement is a quick interface. Of course the unit has to have it all BT, CD, Nav, XM etc.

I've read nothing good about kenwood, any of you have experience with a great head unit?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:57 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

I haven't researched these in a while, back when I was more up to speed on current models I found the Kenwoods were superior simple due to the Garmin navigation versus whatever the other guys were using.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, I read the Garmin nav is much better. I personally would do the Kenwood unless you really want the iPhone carplay thing.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 AM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the 991HD in my Ford Raptor, will full Maestro and android integration.

It is a good head unit, the only thing that keeps it from being a great head unit is the speed of operation. there is too much of a delay between screen presses for my liking. The startup response time (from engine start to when you can select sources) is about 45 seconds to a minute, which is an eternity. The backup camera does activate immediately which is very nice.

I have a video of the head unit in my truck here:

Quick Reply: Kenwood vs Pioneer