Sponsored by:

PDCC major problems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 AM
StabMe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDCC major problems.

I was driving recently and got "Chassis system warning" message which wouldn't go away after shutting the car off. I went to the shop and first they found that the pressure in the system was too low. They said that it must be the pump which needed to be replaced, but after that they found a leak in the system.

Pipes (955-359-12300/12400) which lead to and from valve block were leaking. Well, they replaced those valves and the leak was gone. They added the oil which leaked out and said everything should be ok.

After driving for like 2-3 minutes the error message appeared again. I got back to the shop and they connected it to the diagnostic module again. The module has some kind of test for PDCC which tests all the stabilisers and checks the pressure i suppose. Well, in about 1 minute after the start of the test we saw thick smoke from under the hood - another pipe started leaking badly. Now i have to replace these: 955-359-11700/11501.

The guy told me that from now all the weak parts of the system will go bad this way until only the strong parts are left and these pair of pipes might not be the last.

Are we missing something? Is the problem really in pipes or maybe in pump or in valve system which puts uneven pressure into the system which breaks all the pipes? This is very strange to me. Before the second pair of pressure lines started leaking, it was clear on diagnostic computer that two sides (front left and rear right) had pressure much lower than the other two. Now, at that point of time, there were no leaks and the pressure should be ok, provided the other pats of the system are ok. The guy said that uneven pressure might be because of the air in the system which should had been bleeded out first.

So.. i am confused. Anyone had similar problems?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:19 AM
renaissance.man
Advanced

Do you know if you had any corrosion/rust on the lines? Did you happen to snap a couple of pics?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you guys bleed the system? I believe there is a procedure to bleed the PDCC system using the scan tool.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by renaissance.man
Do you know if you had any corrosion/rust on the lines? Did you happen to snap a couple of pics?
Сorrosion and rust are quite possible due to the Moscow winters and all the chemistry that is on the roads to melt the ice/snow. But four lines? Hmmm...

No pics unfortunately.

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Did you guys bleed the system? I believe there is a procedure to bleed the PDCC system using the scan tool.
No! They didn't bleed it and i actual heard that it should be bled by a special procedure. Do you know any details on how to bleed it?

The guy at the shop said there could be several reasons why the error codу is still present:

- Air in the system. Since only two of four stabilizers are low on pressure, this seems kinda likely.
- Bad pressure sensor. But i doubt that two sensors can go bad at the same time.
- Bad pump. But is it possible that only two stabilizers are low on pressure whith inefficient pump? How could it be that there is enough pressure on two of them and not enough on the other two?

But i am still very confused on why lines explode. Guy at the workshop says that it could happen any time. But... Is it possible to run the test incorrectly so it creates too much pressure which kills the lines?

---

Has anyone even heard of this problem before?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

I've never seen this problem before. I have replaced PDCC lines on a Panamera, and recall doing the bleeding procedure afterward using the PIWIS2 scan tool. I suspect that if the lines weren't bled, it could possibly overpressurize parts of the system.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

This is my guess as well. Well, i hope that the pump, valves and sensors are all ok.
Otherwise this is very strange for two lines to explode in one day. Guy at the workshop says that during the test the pressure is slightly higher than it is while daily driving, so all the weak links are exposed. But... Still very strange.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:09 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this guy a dealer or an indy ?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

It's an Indy workshop which i kinda trust.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
I've never seen this problem before. I have replaced PDCC lines on a Panamera, and recall doing the bleeding procedure afterward using the PIWIS2 scan tool. I suspect that if the lines weren't bled, it could possibly overpressurize parts of the system.
I am considering suing the workshop for not bleeding the system and tus causing explosion of the lines. Where can i find some kind of an official document which states that bleeding is a must?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

It would be in the workshop manual, which unfortunately, I don't have access to anymore. If your local dealer is cooperative, they can print off the procedure for you, but they really aren't supposed to. The 2003-2004 manuals are available from Porsche in print form, but they aren't cheap.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

Okay,I got my pressure lines replaced and the "visit workshop" message appeared again.
The error code is 15627 and it says the pressure is too high on the front axle (sp?).

Anyone have any experience? The tech guy thinks the problem is with the pressure sensor and is trying to diagnose further...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
old blue
7th Gear

What did you eventually learn ?

Any one else have these sorts of problems?

mike
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
StabMe
Intermediate

Eventually, I've learned that those pipes may go bad on their own and cause major inconvenience. I love PDCC, it really makes this car unique, but I wasn't able to drive this piece of unique engineering for like two weeks, while I was waiting for those pipes to arrive, as Porsche didn't have then here in Moscow.

After they had replaced the lines with new ones, they had to bleed the system a few times to let all the air out and only after that that nasty warning message stopped appearing.

It's been a few months since I had those problems and everything works fine.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

I've had ongoing intermittent problems with the PDCC in an 09 CTTS. The error messages I get are "Chassis system faulty" in yellow and "Warning chassis system" in red. Both generally go away after restarting the car. First time at the dealer, they replaced leaking hose(s) and topped off the power steering fluid. The yellow message still popped up every now and again, and the next time they still saw some leaking around the valve block, so they replaced that. Now I still get the error message once every few weeks. I tried bringing it back in, but apparently the yellow message does not cause any codes to be stored so they were unable to reproduce it at that time. Thank God for CPO.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got this error a few days ago, dealer diagnosed to leaking swaybar, 958-343-703-00 was fitted

cpo

Quick Reply: PDCC major problems.