996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Trunk Light Switch...

Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Mitch Leland
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk Light Switch...

I'm trying to sort out a few squawks on my new car, so please bear w/ me. I noted that the trunk light was disconnected, I connected it, but it won't turn off when you close the trunk lid. I guess that's one way of addressing the problem, just disconnect it. I can't find any plunger switch that shuts off the light when you close the lid. I ordered a Bentley's, but it hasn't arrived so your help will be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What are the other squawks you refer too? I believe that there is a micro switch in the hood latch somewhere but I think that sends a message to the alarm modual which is under the drivers seat. It may also be connected to the trunk light. Is the alarm working as it should do? No beeps on one push of the remote.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Mitch Leland
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My other squawks are the non-working CD player, then last night I found 3 of the 4 plastic mounting tabs on the rear tail light assemblies where the attaching screws go were either cracked or broken. That must be a common problem, however I can fix this.

Yes, the alarm arms itself with one push of the button. I'll look more carefully around the hood latch as you suggest. I could mount a rocker switch next to the light as a fix if the switch can't be found for the trunk light. Some times that's handy when you're working in the trunk area and you don't want to burn the trunk light for extended periods of time.

Thanks for your reply...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trunk Light Switch...