Sponsored by:

Testing the 09 TT 6MT Cab Sale Waters

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 05:59 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Testing the 09 TT 6MT Cab Sale Waters

My car is now for sale on Rennlist and 6-speed.

I'm the third owner and have owned this stock, unmolested 2009 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo (997.1), 6MT, Cabriolet since 12/14. It originally sold for $149,975 and lived it's life in Hawaii until it was traded for a Lexus by a returning military office to the USA. It just turned 25K miles (I bought it with 21K miles, a clean Carfax and a good PPI) and it's in excellent like-new condition with no wrecks, accidents, paint work, dings, scratches, rock chips, curb rash, surface defects, and NO Excuses. The black top is in excellent condition as are the black full leather Sport seats (adaptive Sport seats NA with ventilation) with no bolster wear or scrapes. The tires are Bridgestone N1's with 7-8/32 tread remaining and the steel brakes have a lot of pad left. It's not a DD (I have my 11 CTT for that) so the Guards Red paint (rare color in 09) is very strong because it's been garaged and covered and only driven on very nice top down days since I've owned it. It's adult owned and hasn't been abused because I don't track or race my cars.

Option wise it has; Porsche black floor mats, Sport Chrono, Heated and Ventilated front seats, (cooled seats on a hot top down day are GREAT!), Porsche crest in the headrests and "Turbo" on the center console, Universal Audio Interface, 6 Disc, CD/DVD Changer, Rear Park Assist, Bluetooth, Guards Red seat belts, Stainless steel/CF illuminated entry guards, and a COA. I also have both keys, all manuals, and maintenance records.

Since I've owned it I've added Sirius/XM radio (NavTV unit with hidden antenna that operates through the PCM 3.0), Porsche OEM GT3 SSK (much better than the OEM plastic one, the shift gates are very positive), Focal speaker in the front (Bose speakers are not very good) and 20% window tint.

Maintenance-wise everything is up-to-date and this TT runs and performs like new. I had all the fluids, filters and plugs changed approximately 500 miles ago (3 months), I added Forge metal diverter valves because the rear bumper was off, I also replaced the battery last month (Porsche), the chin spoiler (it had a few scrapes), the clutch accumulator started to act-up so I replaced it, and one of the turbo valves was sticking so that was repaired too. Otherwise it's been virtually trouble and maintenance free. I don't work on cars so everything was professionally installed by Porsche or by a very trusted Porsche independent I know.

And, did I fail to mention it also comes with a 0 deductible, transferrable, bumper-to-bumper Lexus warranty that's good anywhere through 12/17?

I know you'll ask what's my asking price so let's just say I'm in the $79.9 (OBO) range which is the current (IMO) market for an excellent condition well documented 09, 6MT, Cabriolet.

There's no doubt this is an appreciating, unique (color), and very desirable (6MT, Mezger, last year 997.1) Twin Turbo so PM me if you're interested. I'll post recent pictures in a few days. Thanks

Last edited by 4ocious; 03-10-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: For sale
Old 03-09-2017, 01:50 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Glws, nice looking cab, and I don't usually care for cabs. Price wise I think 80-82 is going to be your hammer price.
C
Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM
NYNick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wannna talk, give me a ring. I've PM'd you my number.
Nick
Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Listen to Nick. His 09 cab has been on the market a few months. IMHO the worst time to sell a cab is in the winter. Conversely, the best time to buy a cab is in the winter.

My advice is to hold off on listing the car until Spring is here at which point you should get more than today's market will support.

Last edited by earossi; 03-09-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:59 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I think you price is spot on, at least as an 09 owner I hope so......
Old 03-09-2017, 05:41 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Love some Guards Red, but then again, I'm partial.

Wait 4-6 weeks and I suspect you'll put a lot more $ in your pocket. Snow tomorrow here in Philly.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Zachy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 09 TT 6MT Cab

I purchased mine a little more than a year ago. It had less miles than yours does now (~16k miles versus your 25k miles). About the same original MSRP. Mine was basalt on two-tone interior. I like my color scheme, but I think I actually prefer the rarer GR version. Hard to not like the GR 911TT.

My obviously biased view or desire is that your car is worth north of 80k. But the market will decide. Suffice it to say you have a pretty rare and very, very nice specimen there.

Eventual owners of these 911TTs will consider all sorts of nice add-on goodies (e.g., EP1, tune, etc), which can easily dwarf any upfront price differentials. Reminds me of buying a dog. The purchase price quickly recedes to the background after the food, toys, vet visits, etc., bills start adding up.

If I didn't have my current car, I'd be IM'ing you now!

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2017, 06:19 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

[QUOTE=Zachy;14021219]I purchased mine a little more than a year ago. It had less miles than yours does now (~16k miles versus your 25k miles). About the same original MSRP. Mine was basalt on two-tone interior. I like my color scheme, but I think I actually prefer the rarer GR version. Hard to not like the GR 911TT.

My obviously biased view or desire is that your car is worth north of 80k. But the market will decide. Suffice it to say you have a pretty rare and very, very nice specimen there.

Eventual owners of these 911TTs will consider all sorts of nice add-on goodies (e.g., EP1, tune, etc), which can easily dwarf any upfront price differentials. Reminds me of buying a dog. The purchase price quickly recedes to the background after the food, toys, vet visits, etc., bills start adding up.

If I didn't have my current car, I'd be IM'ing you now![/QUOTE

Thanks, wish we could have talked "back in the day!"

Quick Reply: Testing the 09 TT 6MT Cab Sale Waters