Sponsored by:

1 Day Decision - Which Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HardHitter
Pulled the trigger on car 2. Just booked my flight to fly out tomorrow to see the car, pay for it and drive it home.

It is missing an exhaust tip (passenger side fell off) and needs a new cat, but for the price I think I got a lot of car for the money.

I'll post pics once I get her cleaned up from the trip home and put another tip on. Thinking about fixing the cat and then selling it (Techart is the exhaust)
How do you lose an exhaust tip?
F they're TA tips, they are very expensive.
Either way, good luck now the fun starts!
C
Old 03-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Congrats on the acquisition - that car was also definitely my choice of the two if in equal shape.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

One way you lose an exhaust tip is someone rear ends you. Just saying.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I know the thread title says 1 day decision and were past 1 day, but the wheels on car #2 are throwing a red flag for me. They don't look to be genuine from the fact that they sit so far in the fenders. Maybe they're replica's for a narrow body 911?
Old 03-04-2017, 10:00 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

^^ see what you mean, hmmm could be the camera angle I suppose?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:22 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could it be the use of lowering springs without spacers?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:39 AM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What a long but exciting day! Flew down to Southern California, met with the owner at my bank and I took about 5 minutes looking at the car and just said let's do the deal.

Walked to the bank, pulled the cash, walked 5 stores down where his credit union was, deposited and we were done! He had a loan on the car, so it is going to take a few weeks for him to get the title and then overnight it to me, but that is really all that is left to "complete" the deal.

I took the car and drove it around 350 miles back home.

Initial impressions:

1. The car is SOLID. I've never driven a car where you go 120 and it feels like you're just cruising.
2. I never really floored the car. To be honest, I was more worried about getting home safely but I could feel the torque. Cruising in 6th gear and just rolling onto the throttle just a little, the car gets up and goes.
3. I never ran the car with PASM on or in Sport mode so I'll try those out to see the difference
4. I believe I did a WOT run and when I looked at the gauge, it was at 1 BAR and I thought it was supposed to be more, especially with a tune. At the same time, it could have been me backing off the gas because it was going way faster than I legally could since I was already at highway speeds. I'll need to do some 3rd gear pulls to test it out but any of you guys know about the boost pattern on the tune and if it is just all the time or just in sport mode?

There are a few items to address (exhaust tip, cat & I'll probably replace brake pads) but to be honest, I got A LOT of car for the money and am extremely happy. Didn't take too many pictures because I just wanted to get home, but here is one I snapped

In regards to if they are genuine wheels or not, when I look at the pictures in car 1 and car 2, are you speaking about the rear? Because at both angles it looks like both cars have it where the wheels sit inside the fender a lot.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 69 Posts

Nice car!
I believe the boost gage will only show 1 bar no matter how much boost it is actually getting.
With sport chrono, it will only show 1.2 now matter how much it's really getting.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:52 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Looks good. Be careful driving without an exhaust tip, can melt the bumper. Those are OEM rims, don't worry. Should have sizes stamped on them someplace. The coolest mod you have is the hidden v1, had that on my other turbo, about $1500-2000 installed.
Congrats
C

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 03-05-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 1 Day Decision - Which Turbo