Sponsored by:

PCM 3.0 Install Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PCM 3.0 Install Issues?

Thinking about upgrading to the touch screen PCM 3.0 version. Is this a plug and play installation? Do I need to have the car coded to accept the new receiver? What are any of the issues when making this install? I like the idea of the touch screen, and updated graphics, and the simplification of the panel ( i.e. deletes the cumbersome telephone key pad).

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to slip out the old unit and replace it with a plug and play unit.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

It has been done but it's not a simple plug 'n' play and is a bit of a hassle, as I recall. There are some threads on 6speed about it, a Google search will find them.

While I think the PCM 3 unit is very nicely designed and makes a huge improvement to the cabin's aesthetics, I think the general consensus is it's way less of a headache to just get a nice aftermarket unit to replace the 2.1.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:38 PM
cakM3
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I was looking in to doing this and found out you will have to rewire the amp connector, change out to the PCM 3.0 Bose amp and much more... I ended up installing a Dension 500S BT and called it a day. It was easier to go this route than go thru the aggrivation of doing the PCM 3.0 install since there are no in-depth DIYs detailing exactly everything needed (including how to rewire everything) to get this done. It would be nice if there was an all inclusive DIY for this...
Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

PCM 3 is a huge improvement aesthetically and for just plain overall user interaction. If you are looking for a complete unit in mint condition I have one available.

>> CLICK HERE >> PCM 3.0 with Navi, Mobile Phone, SiriusXM, Multi Functional Steering wheel. Everything you need, amps, antennas, boosters, speakers, sub, etc.....
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

why not just go aftermarket? Pioneer NEX is light years ahead.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Install Issues?