997 tt - hello from Moscow

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:13 PM
EC1060
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 tt - hello from Moscow

Hello fellow Porsche owners!

My name is Vakha, I am based in Moscow, Russia.

I am glad to be with you here, because I think that United States is a great country built upon the principles of freedom, capitalism and national unity. Besides, by becoming a member here, I "reset" my virtual history and get myself prepared for the move to the U.S., which will definitely be a culturally challenging event.

I own a 997tt, which I really enjoy but drive very scarcely. Since I last bought it in 2014, I drove 5 tkm (about 3.5 k miles), so the total mileage is now 17 tkm (12 k miles). I use it mainly for short drives to the gym and back, and only in warm months, which is a short period in Russia from may till September, mostly.

I was checking out pictures of the 997s posted by members here and I must say that you live in a wonderful country, really strong and beautiful - and you should appreciate all the benefits that you have by default - economic, social and now finally political!

With best regards,

Vakha

Old 02-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Is Trump tweeting from Russia now?
Old 02-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 435 Posts

I was in Moscow last summer and saw TONS of super nice cars, and a few Porsches. Such a great city. Absolutely loved every minute of it. So much wealth and fine machinery there. I was blown away. Welcome to Rennlist.

In front of my hotel when I got to the Sheraton Palace

Kremlin area

GUM mall

Bolshoi

In a fancy Raddison Hotel
Old 02-28-2017, 01:46 AM
jazzwu
Advanced

Originally Posted by Porscheholic
Is Trump tweeting from Russia now?
HAHA I laughed out loud.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:11 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I LOL'd when the OP thinks Trump is a good thing, and I don't live there.

Mind you, every time we watch the news about Trump it's like a comedy show now.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:17 AM
EC1060
8th Gear

Originally Posted by 993MAN
I LOL'd when the OP thinks Trump is a good thing, and I don't live there.

Mind you, every time we watch the news about Trump it's like a comedy show now.
Dont rush to conclusions about new POTUS, just check out the SP500 and DJ dynamics since he was elected! Facts tell more than words!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:56 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Eh. Those are just alternative facts.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EC1060
Hello fellow Porsche owners!

My name is Vakha, I am based in Moscow, Russia.

I am glad to be with you here, because I think that United States is a great country built upon the principles of freedom, capitalism and national unity. Besides, by becoming a member here, I "reset" my virtual history and get myself prepared for the move to the U.S., which will definitely be a culturally challenging event.

I own a 997tt, which I really enjoy but drive very scarcely. Since I last bought it in 2014, I drove 5 tkm (about 3.5 k miles), so the total mileage is now 17 tkm (12 k miles). I use it mainly for short drives to the gym and back, and only in warm months, which is a short period in Russia from may till September, mostly.

I was checking out pictures of the 997s posted by members here and I must say that you live in a wonderful country, really strong and beautiful - and you should appreciate all the benefits that you have by default - economic, social and now finally political!

With best regards,

Vakha
Welcome to the club, enjoy your Porsche! Great photos.

Also as for "benefits that you have by default - economic, social and now finally political!"

i would disagree with the bold. My fiancee is Russian, born and raised. I spent enough time in Russia to watch their "news" coverage of our presidential campaign. Their ability to make Trump look like a great candidate that would provide the USA with any "benefit" was absurdly skewed. lol

Sorry for the tangent, but had to chime in on those misconceptions.

Enjoy the Turbo!

Last edited by Ibanezgod; 03-08-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:37 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Take it to the OT-> PC board gents..
Old 03-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by saabin
Take it to the OT-> PC board gents..
can't, they don't allow non-conservatives. It's run by mods who want to see liberals burned at the stake and have actually said, "the only good liberal is a dead one". ...I'm not kidding. RL is not the place for political banter anyways
Old 03-09-2017, 12:51 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Umm, Ive spent some time on that forum, dont think its the mods.. Yeah, sure, liberals will take a beating from the regular contributors but I dont think the moderators are part of that..
Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by saabin
Umm, Ive spent some time on that forum, dont think its the mods.. Yeah, sure, liberals will take a beating from the regular contributors but I dont think the moderators are part of that..
So have I, The senior mods only tolerate a one sided view (eg. tone at the top). Bad behavior that goes unpunished will be repeated. I've seen the wrath from two of the mods who specifically target libs, so yes, they are partially to blame. I've also heard from other liberal minded members who can't last in there without getting the stick which is why there are no liberals that frequent the section. Conservatives can run around with pitchforks, insult, rant and rave about anything non-conservative. Libs have to walk on egg shells or get thrown out. So I stay out of the lions den, not worth it...
Old 03-09-2017, 02:22 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

The DOW was 18.5k when he taking over the office, everyone seem forget it was measly 6k when Obama taken over the WH. Well, I hate talking about politics in car forums but if Trump can make the DOW tripple then we can praise him for his work. For now, it's all hype about the new administration with nothing yet to show excepts millions of senseless tweets contained many alternative facts.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:39 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up

The elections over, Trump is the president, get over it and get back to discussing cars.

Quick Reply: 997 tt - hello from Moscow