Sponsored by:

Agreed Value Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:39 PM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Agreed Value Insurance?

Curious if people are carrying agreed upon value insurance on 997 turbos - if so, who do you use?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:07 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope...Regular coverage. Value comes in only in the event of a total loss. Otherwise things are replaced per any policy.

Valued policy for unique cars, and only applies in case of a not repairable vehicle. While these are nice cars, they do not require Valued policy....But do what you are comfortable with...

Also good to fully understand the valued policy and not assume you can just pick any number. You will also pay a higher premium in most cases....Just FYI

Do what you feel is warranted for you personally.

DC
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 AM
motopt22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just received an agreed value quote on 2007 997 TT from Hagerty. If you are not on agreed value policy you can expect NADA retail or very close to that should something happen to your car on a standard policy like a theft or total collision. To give you example NADA says my 07 is worth $58,480. I cant replace it for that, so therefore the agreed value policy makes sense. I dont believe Hagerty will accept the 997TT if that is your only car on the policy, you may have to have more than 1 car. Call and check. There is also Grundy and Leland West, but I have never used either.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 AM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by motopt22
I just received an agreed value quote on 2007 997 TT from Hagerty. If you are not on agreed value policy you can expect NADA retail or very close to that should something happen to your car on a standard policy like a theft or total collision. To give you example NADA says my 07 is worth $58,480. I cant replace it for that, so therefore the agreed value policy makes sense. I dont believe Hagerty will accept the 997TT if that is your only car on the policy, you may have to have more than 1 car. Call and check. There is also Grundy and Leland West, but I have never used either.
That was my thinking too, NADA is going to be significantly less than what these cars actually sell for - I dont daily the car. I got quotes from Haggerty and Grundy's, Grundy's was cheaper but I didn't compare the coverage limits, deductibles etc.

May have to pull this car off our main policy and put it on a separate policy.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:34 AM
motopt22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Luck! I still have to call Grundy and Leland West, altho I just read a long review that wasn't so promising on Leland!

Quick Reply: Agreed Value Insurance?