Sponsored by:

A bit overwhelmed in my hunt for a 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by cdnewton
Extras almost never add value and to some hurt it. For instance, the roll bar wouldnt work for a lot of people who dont want to track it.

I agree that some mods don't but I think some of the ones he has a tasteful and most end up doing them....just my opinion of course.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:04 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Carbon buckets add value in a car (or out of it). PCCB too.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 PM
C's Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Be patient. Took me a couple of years to find the right one. Good luck they are amazing cars!!
Old 12-16-2016, 08:35 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Be very patient. I looked for about a year. I almost bought a ultra low mile 4s cause I sick of looking(I know what was I thinking, would have cried) But four days later I found my car in Florida and im in New Jersey.

They are out there.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Kyle John Ijichi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man I almost did the same thing. Saw a really nice C4S for sale for really good price. But I'm glad I waited

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
Be very patient. I looked for about a year. I almost bought a ultra low mile 4s cause I sick of looking(I know what was I thinking, would have cried) But four days later I found my car in Florida and im in New Jersey.

They are out there.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:44 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kyle John Ijichi
Oh man I almost did the same thing. Saw a really nice C4S for sale for really good price. But I'm glad I waited
Yeah....this cs4 was 10k more then what I paid for my TT but only had 10000 miles on it.

It gets tiring after awhile looking for the car you want. If I wanted a vert 997tt stick no problem, but finding a hard top stick low-ish miles for a good price was the problem.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:26 AM
HellaHashTags
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turboz
I'm looking around for 997 turbo for a month or so.
I've been reading and reading, so I'm not totally clueless, but so many of the searchable threads are from years ago.

My goal is to purchase a 997 turbo and build it to the level of something like the EVOMS EVT650 package. I haven't resigned myself to gen 1 or 2.

I was SET on 6 speed as that's all I've ever known and I want a fun drivers car for the weekend and sunny afternoons. I almost pulled the trigger on a 997.2 6 speed that quickly was sold. I had the option, but waited too long because some questions hit me:

what's the aftermarket for 997.2 manual? Many vendors don't even have mention on their site.

If I let off of the 6 speed requirement, a lot of new options and deals become available so I guess I have to consider getting with the times...

What's the current status on 997.2 PDK power holding without rebuilding with aftermarket clutches,etc.?

I don't care about navigation, radio, etc in .2
I do care about a nice ride quality and support from the aftermarket as we move on from this generation.

Thanks for any input.
If this is just a weekend car (not a track car), and you were originally gunning for a MT car, you might as well just wait and target MT cars only. Dual clutch is a whole other experience in its own right, but it's not objectively better than MT other than on a racetrack.

If you're waiting for another 997.2 w/ MT to come on the market, you will definitely need to be patient about it. If not, it's much easier to find a 997.1 w/ MT, and if you're going to mod it anyway, there isn't much reason to wait for a 997.2. The 997.1 is a mod friendly car, as many on here will attest to.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Be patient and you will find what you're looking for. Took me almost 2 years to find mine and it eventually happened when I was reading the monthly PCA magazine. I initially past over it because I thought it was a cabriolet because of the high MSRP and potentially being dyslexic. The excitment was huge!

Options:
2009 TT
Adaptive Sport Seats
Limited Slip Differential Lock
Heated Front Seats
Rear Window Wiper
Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
Sport Chrono Package Turbo
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Universal Audio Interface
Gear Lever Trim in Leather
Storage Compartment Lid W/Model Logo
Instrument Surround in Leather
Door Entry Guards Stainless Steel Illuminated
Sport Shifter
Rear Center Console – Leather
Red Tailights
All Exclusive Options Stitching Deviated Color
Dashboard Stitching Deviated Color
Door Stitching Deviated Color
Door Handle Stitching Deviated Color
Deviated Stitching Side Center Console
Old 12-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

They are out there.
Originally Posted by Kyle John Ijichi

Nothing wrong with any 911; first world problems. But don't go and drive a Turbo if you own a C2S/C4S or are cross shopping. The torque is so addictive and the whole mechanical aspect of the Turbo is different with the Mezger engine and Getrag transmission.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:58 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Be patient and you will find what you're looking for. Took me almost 2 years to find mine and it eventually happened when I was reading the monthly PCA magazine. I initially past over it because I thought it was a cabriolet because of the high MSRP and potentially being dyslexic. The excitment was huge!

Options:
2009 TT
Adaptive Sport Seats
Limited Slip Differential Lock
Heated Front Seats
Rear Window Wiper
Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
Sport Chrono Package Turbo
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Universal Audio Interface
Gear Lever Trim in Leather
Storage Compartment Lid W/Model Logo
Instrument Surround in Leather
Door Entry Guards Stainless Steel Illuminated
Sport Shifter
Rear Center Console – Leather
Red Tailights
All Exclusive Options Stitching Deviated Color
Dashboard Stitching Deviated Color
Door Stitching Deviated Color
Door Handle Stitching Deviated Color
Deviated Stitching Side Center Console
The perfect 997 tt Johnny db!
Old 12-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The perfect 997 tt Johnny db!
Thanks TT Surgeon!
Old 12-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The most frustrating part is finding a nice one that's priced right only to find out it sold right away.....then you see that same car listed elsewhere for $5k-10k higher weeks later.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:58 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Nothing wrong with any 911; first world problems. But don't go and drive a Turbo if you own a C2S/C4S or are cross shopping. The torque is so addictive and the whole mechanical aspect of the Turbo is different with the Mezger engine and Getrag transmission.

There is nothing wrong with c2s/c4s its just not a performance car IMO that's why I didn't get it, The power in the turbo is nothing even close to them. And when its modded its even more bada**
Old 12-18-2016, 11:17 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

There is nothing wrong with c2s/c4s its just not a performance car IMO that's why I didn't get it, The power in the turbo is nothing even close to them. And when its modded its even more bada**
agreed. it's not even close. my buddy got a 2006 C4S , i think that's what it is , and boy , they are 2 different worlds with both at stock power levels . and on E85 , if we raced i would never see him again after 10 seconds. Turbo FTW .
Old 12-20-2016, 02:51 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
agreed. it's not even close. my buddy got a 2006 C4S , i think that's what it is , and boy , they are 2 different worlds with both at stock power levels . and on E85 , if we raced i would never see him again after 10 seconds. Turbo FTW .
Yes I raced a c4s with exhaust and it was like where did he go lol

Quick Reply: A bit overwhelmed in my hunt for a 997 turbo