Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:51 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason

Like I said in my post I've heard this from a different angle , "I mailed the cashiers check for the rent and it was stolen.....it will take 8 weeks for western union to reimburse me. Sorry can't pay the rent"

Good luck my friend these guys should be sent to Guantanamo. Pieces of shIiiiiiiiiite
Old 12-14-2016, 01:07 AM
momos750
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
They have sent me a pic of a cashiers check issued from Chase Bank. It's for the original amount I payed for the wheels. No reembursment of the costs to me to send the wheels back to them. I'll let you guys know if I receive the check, if it's real, and if I can actually cash it. Fingers crossed!
It's too bad you have to deal with all this BS! if you in fact receive a check have the bank run a check prior to deposit and make sure the account is valid and has sufficient funds.
If it is not good you can file a criminal complaint with the district attorney in the jurisdiction where the check was written. With the amount of the check it could be a felony and have big consequences for intentions to defraud.

Again.....this is all speculation and as most of us here feel, hope all works out in the end and you get your money back.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:35 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope they had your correct account details! It sounds plausible.

Like you say, seeing is believing.

Good luck man. They might do right by you yet.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:16 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by 993MAN
I hope they had your correct account details! It sounds plausible.

Like you say, seeing is believing.

Good luck man. They might do right by you yet.
Even if the check comes and clears, the fact that the OP had to publicly shame them like this to relieve a refund that was supposedly posted in AUGUST means that they haven't done right by him at all...
Old 12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

They have sent me a pic of a cashiers check issued from Chase Bank. It's for the original amount I payed for the wheels. No reembursment of the costs to me to send the wheels back to them. I'll let you guys know if I receive the check, if it's real, and if I can actually cash it. Fingers crossed!
If you have mobile banking then take a picture of the picture they sent and deposit via mobile ASAP.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Even if the check comes and clears, the fact that the OP had to publicly shame them like this to relieve a refund that was supposedly posted in AUGUST means that they haven't done right by him at all...
+1, also no return shipping credit.

Won't be buying anything from these clowns, not that I would have anyway.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Craig T.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget the shipping cost and be thankful for the refund. Just a few days ago it was looking like you were out $5,000. I'd cash that check, cut my losses on the shipping cost, and never look back!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
As a biz owner myself, I'd recommend damage control at this point. Refund him, apologize and accept all responsibility. If your stuff is good, the quality will speak for itself, if not that's another story.
I'd also like to know how many wheels have failed, what's the denominator?
C
100% agreed.

Originally Posted by gulf911
I bought a set and have yet to see them because of delays , now all of this? I am calling my CC company.
This. What originally cost the vendor $5k is now costing them $10k. By the time this thread is done and the reputational damage is complete it will cost them many thousands.

I work for a big 4 accounting firm... one of our #1 Risks is brand damage. It spreads like wildfire. It can cost people their jobs, lawsuits, and it's extremely hard to repair.

If the owner had any sense this would have been taken care of on page 1. I went through this with BBI and they were stellar in fixing an issue with my cats from an exhaust that the previous owner had installed. I wasn't even the buyer but their product failed and they owned up to it and replaced the issue free.

That's the kind of service that makes you rich and successful... take a note RTF.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:22 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Two thing you can do to cash the check but both will cost you money. Cash it at the bank it was drawn on or go to a check cashing place. Once you get your money the check can bounce around all it wants to. You are off the hook. They will go after the writer of the check. Even if stop payment is made on the check. You can still cash it at a check cashing business and they will go after the writer of the check. Laws are very clear on what happens once you write a check. My company has been round and round with this but that is another story.

Good luck and I hope you get most of your money back. Shame on them for not giving you the return shipping after all the problems. We can only hope the Karma train visits them soon and often!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

With 6500 views so far (12/14/16) this thread probably changed a few potential buyers minds on where they'll be spending their $$ for new wheels
Old 12-14-2016, 11:45 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-14-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-14-2016, 12:07 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by Hothonda
With 6500 views so far (12/14/16) this thread probably changed a few potential buyers minds on where they'll be spending their $$ for new wheels

"Boss, Bonzo in accounting here...just wanted you to know we hit an all time record with Rennlist..." "Over 6500 views...on Jay's string.." "Plus, I told Jay what he could do with the shipping fees, what a fricking goober.." "He, he, he..."

"Bonzo, once again you have exceeded all expectations!!!" "As you know, we're in the customer screwing business, and business is great...."
"Do me a favor and bring me the file on John Belk" "Time we showed him and his idiot dog who runs this planet."
"And remember, Monkeys Rule"
Old 12-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
The receipt was generated from the merchant service provider a copy was also emailed to the member once it was processed.

Our accounting department is looking into this matter if in fact the credit wasn't issued or applied we will issue the invoice amount back to the client.

As far as the issue with the wheel failure we offered 4 brand new wheels to the member at no cost.
you refunded his money AND offered him 4 free wheels? Not believing you, sir.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
you refunded his money AND offered him 4 free wheels? Not believing you, sir.
Raz should do something that most millenials are unfamiliar with... which is pick up the phone and call his customer to discuss the situation like a human and find a resolution.

To illustrate this issue... RTF's current situation

Old 12-14-2016, 02:09 PM
garyever
Advanced

Default race tech $5000

But what many forum members don't understand here is that there is no customer service to talk to, there is no warranty department, no corporate office. This is 2 guys and Raz's wife pretending to be a large corporation with quality control, a Home office, they are even using someone else's address (without permission) on their RTF website as their physical address to cover up the fact that Race Tech Motoring continues to operate under the radar using the RTF name after having been suspended to operate in the State of California instead of their real address out in Anaheim, California and the fraud here goes on and on. I Have delivered 100 page brief to California government authorities to prove it and close them which they will see shortly. (Click the link below)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RTM Suspended from operation.pdf (601.4 KB, 646 views)

Last edited by garyever; 12-14-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000