Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Many well established wheel companies have had wheel failures on and off the track.

So lets not play games here and speak out of line here.

We perform FEA test on all our wheels to meet SAE J2530 standards and make sure each wheel have a load rating of 1600bs each wheel. Building a SAFE product is the upmost concern of ours!

Yes a wheel failed on a race track which isn't the first wheel in HISTORY to fail. You can search many established brands and see with your own eyes wheels have failed on and off race tracks.

What no one seems to not know because obviously Gary neglected to mention is that we offered him 4 new wheels once we found out about the issue, not just one wheel but 4 brand new MonoBloc Series wheels to take care of the issue of the failure.

Now find any company that will honor a failure on a track? or even go to go to the extreme of offering 4 brand new wheels?

So go off and call or email any wheel company you wish and see if you'll get a document stating the warranty isn't voided on your wheel/ or any mechanical component in that case if it was used for racing/track use and it fails.

You probably won't be able to get that because just like Porsche and many other OEM manufactures once you drive the car on a race track ALL warrantees are voided.

Yes there was an incident with the wheel and YES we were willing to take care of the problem right away without hesitation till gary's demands were unreasonable.

Just like all custom forged wheel companies all orders are final and theres no refunds or returns on custom made wheels.

We will honor our warranty and replace the damaged wheel once we have the wheel in our warehouse to determine the failure. which the member is refusing to send to have inspected.

I had a set of CCW wheels crack...after 8 YEARS of track use.

Your wheels are failing on their first track season. that is NOT normal...NOT. You are correct that track wheels are something that will time out eventually, but not in the period of which yours are failing.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=bhf_clt;13809329]
Originally Posted by JayinToronto

Apologies for any confusion I may have caused by posting here. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
No, all good. Great to get all this stuff out in any place possible. Feel free to post away about anything regard RTF!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 PM
gulf911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set and have yet to see them because of delays , now all of this? I am calling my CC company.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:56 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gulf911
I bought a set and have yet to see them because of delays , now all of this? I am calling my CC company.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ch-forged.html
Old 12-13-2016, 04:58 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is a disaster. We have 3 examples in this thread alone of RTF letting down customers on very expensive wheels. Will not take long before this spreads to every car forum, google searches etc. Calling it now... RTF business DOA
Old 12-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I'm sure there are more.

Been on boards since 2004. Seen this **** too many times. Yes, some people can overreact. But when this many complaints come in?

Sorry, not a vendor I'd choose to do business with.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:16 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Hey Boss, those Rennlist Bastards are really on to us..." "Meet me at the airport...got us one-way tickets to Aleppo, hear it's really nice there...."

If we could only have you good folks compensated and these SCUMBAGS PUT ON THE NEXT FLIGHT TO ALEPPO...that would be my wish!!! Wonder where things turned south for them...I can't imagine they started this business, stating "one day we'll learn to screw over our customers and lie about it..." Shameful.

Keep up the fight!!! JB
Old 12-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Great pic.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:37 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnbelk

"Hey Boss, those Rennlist Bastards are really on to us..." "Meet me at the airport...got us one-way tickets to Aleppo, hear it's really nice there...."

If we could only have you good folks compensated and these SCUMBAGS PUT ON THE NEXT FLIGHT TO ALEPPO...that would be my wish!!! Wonder where things turned south for them...I can't imagine they started this business, stating "one day we'll learn to screw over our customers and lie about it..." Shameful.

Keep up the fight!!! JB
Maybe a flight to Australia, where RTF's website is registered or South Korea where their shipping records show they imported 34,000 lbs of Aluminum Alloy Wheels?

Last edited by garyever; 12-13-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
Maybe a flight to Australia, where RTF's website is registered or South Korea where their shipping records show they imported 34,000 lbs of Aluminum Alloy Wheels?
Nah the same people will slightly modify the designs/sizes and try to start over selling under a different name or to a different circle I imagine... gotta use up all of the materials somehow!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:12 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Many well established wheel companies have had wheel failures on and off the track.

So lets not play games here and speak out of line here.

We perform FEA test on all our wheels to meet SAE J2530 standards and make sure each wheel have a load rating of 1600bs each wheel. Building a SAFE product is the upmost concern of ours!

Yes a wheel failed on a race track which isn't the first wheel in HISTORY to fail. You can search many established brands and see with your own eyes wheels have failed on and off race tracks.

What no one seems to not know because obviously Gary neglected to mention is that we offered him 4 new wheels once we found out about the issue, not just one wheel but 4 brand new MonoBloc Series wheels to take care of the issue of the failure.

Now find any company that will honor a failure on a track? or even go to go to the extreme of offering 4 brand new wheels?

So go off and call or email any wheel company you wish and see if you'll get a document stating the warranty isn't voided on your wheel/ or any mechanical component in that case if it was used for racing/track use and it fails.

You probably won't be able to get that because just like Porsche and many other OEM manufactures once you drive the car on a race track ALL warrantees are voided.

Yes there was an incident with the wheel and YES we were willing to take care of the problem right away without hesitation till gary's demands were unreasonable.

Just like all custom forged wheel companies all orders are final and theres no refunds or returns on custom made wheels.

We will honor our warranty and replace the damaged wheel once we have the wheel in our warehouse to determine the failure. which the member is refusing to send to have inspected.
FEA tests.... forreal? That means NOTHING? Catia? Ansys? CosmosWorks? Some free plug in? Done by an ME?

FEA is nohing without CFD or impact testing for wheels. Also, any SAE standards need extensive physical testing and documentation. Care to share any of this?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:12 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Too many wheel companies out there and this is what happens.

Everybody trying to be in the wheel binness.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:41 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Some communication from RTF today:

"Jason,

I had the manager look into the statements for the last 4 months. There was a refund issued on 8-3-16 that was removed from the merchant service account. Somehow on 8-4-16 the credit was reversed from your bank.

We will issue you a certified bank check for the amount of the invoice.

There wasn't and never will be a scam or any type of defrauding going on.

I will send you a picture of the check and a tracking number later today.

From the first time you brought this to my attention we tried to correct the issue, once again I'm sorry it took this long and it got to this level but it's finally going to be resolved. "

My response:

"Is this just another stall tactic on your part? Probably. I'll believe it when I see it.

Plus the $435.66 CAD it cost me to send the wheels back.

-JS"

Their response:

"Jason
the shipping will not be credit sorry But i will make sure the total invoice amount is credited."
Old 12-14-2016, 12:15 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

What a friggin' mess. And to think I was very close to pulling the trigger on a set..

OP, Let's hope they actually follow thru this time..
Old 12-14-2016, 12:51 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

They have sent me a pic of a cashiers check issued from Chase Bank. It's for the original amount I payed for the wheels. No reembursment of the costs to me to send the wheels back to them. I'll let you guys know if I receive the check, if it's real, and if I can actually cash it. Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000