997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The scammer also often plays the roll of the victim. It is just sad the BS they spew thinking people believe it.
I sure hope there is a special place in Hell for these types!!
Old 12-12-2016, 05:12 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
They absolutley, positively 100% have not issued me a refund. Just this crappy made up refund paper. They have my credit card number on file. It's really simple Raz GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
As a biz owner myself, I'd recommend damage control at this point. Refund him, apologize and accept all responsibility. If your stuff is good, the quality will speak for itself, if not that's another story.
I'd also like to know how many wheels have failed, what's the denominator?
C
Yes, this is the thing. Many of us including myself, own and run small businesses. Though mine is Professional Services rather than products, still, reputation is everything. I can't imagine letting everything blow up over $5,000. I don't know what RTF is thinking even if they believe they are 100% in the right, why would they mortgage their company reputation over $5,000? That just doesn't make any sense at all. We know how these stories go, sometimes a disgruntled customer is not telling the full story and that's why I have waited and waited for RTF to come in and give their side of the story. However, the OP has seemingly been nothing but forthright with everyone, and RTF has had multiple opportunities to set the record straight in this thread and they have declined to do so. Or even worse, they have produced a receipt that does not even look real, and makes me even more concerned that they would do something like that.

Long story short, even if they believe that they did nothing wrong, it would seem that their reputation is worth more than the money that OP is asking for. And if they are truly scamming him, then yes the internet will likely mobilize against them in a way that won't be great for business, to say the least.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Many well established wheel companies have had wheel failures on and off the track.

So lets not play games here and speak out of line here.

We perform FEA test on all our wheels to meet SAE J2530 standards and make sure each wheel have a load rating of 1600bs each wheel. Building a SAFE product is the upmost concern of ours!

Yes a wheel failed on a race track which isn't the first wheel in HISTORY to fail. You can search many established brands and see with your own eyes wheels have failed on and off race tracks.

What no one seems to not know because obviously Gary neglected to mention is that we offered him 4 new wheels once we found out about the issue, not just one wheel but 4 brand new MonoBloc Series wheels to take care of the issue of the failure.

Now find any company that will honor a failure on a track? or even go to go to the extreme of offering 4 brand new wheels?

So go off and call or email any wheel company you wish and see if you'll get a document stating the warranty isn't voided on your wheel/ or any mechanical component in that case if it was used for racing/track use and it fails.

You probably won't be able to get that because just like Porsche and many other OEM manufactures once you drive the car on a race track ALL warrantees are voided.

Yes there was an incident with the wheel and YES we were willing to take care of the problem right away without hesitation till gary's demands were unreasonable.

Just like all custom forged wheel companies all orders are final and theres no refunds or returns on custom made wheels.

We will honor our warranty and replace the damaged wheel once we have the wheel in our warehouse to determine the failure. which the member is refusing to send to have inspected.
Sorry, but other vendors will refund the price or replace the wheels if they are incorrectly manufactured. What they won't do is post a fake receipt for a refund online.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The receipt was generated from the merchant service provider a copy was also emailed to the member once it was processed.

Our accounting department is looking into this matter if in fact the credit wasn't issued or applied we will issue the invoice amount back to the client.

As far as the issue with the wheel failure we offered 4 brand new wheels to the member at no cost.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:13 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Might want to see my detailed post I just put up in this thread;

https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-a...l#post13808396
Old 12-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We offered you a brand new wheel and to cover the cost of the $750 damage. We can show you the email and forward it to you again if needed.

[QUOTE=bhf_clt;13808396]
Old 12-12-2016, 08:25 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

I'm not replying on multiple threads, so if anyone wants to keep up, just go to the other thread.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:36 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The receipt was generated from the merchant service provider a copy was also emailed to the member once it was processed.

Our accounting department is looking into this matter if in fact the credit wasn't issued or applied we will issue the invoice amount back to the client.

As far as the issue with the wheel failure we offered 4 brand new wheels to the member at no cost.

"RTF Accounting, Bonzo here.." "Oh Hi Boss, uh- huh...yea, I've got the "JayinToronto" file right here...what's up?"
"Really, those Rennlist Bastards didn't buy the refund receipt...man, that sucks, it was my best work..." "So, what do those Rennlist idiots want now Boss?" "What!!!..pay Jay back his $5000????"
"That's a good one Boss!!!"
"Tell them that you got me looking into it, yea your accounting department...Laughing-Out-Loud...what IDIOTS!!!..." "That will buy us some time Boss...at least till they move on." "Keep diverting attention to our questionable wheels, too..."
"Oh yea Boss, I transferred the balance of your Mutual Funds to the "Lance Armstrong-Nixon Fund..." "Trust me Boss, I'm gonna make you millions...."
"Don't you worry about "JayinToronto" Boss, besides him being a Canadian...he's got no chance in hell collecting a dime from us!!!!"
"Merry Christmas Boss, Merry Fricking Christmas!!!"
"Bonzo Out."

RTF: This is exactly what you appear to be.... a bunch of monkeys claiming to be a business ...
After months of Jay trying to collect you got the ***** to say, "We're checking in with the accounting department." Really Dude!?!?!? Just tell Jay, he's screwed and move on...JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-12-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-12-2016, 09:52 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Sounds like a typical pool contractor in Florida. Unfortunately, they can get away with it.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:43 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The saga continues. This reminds me of dealing with my tenants at the first of the month. Diversion, blame, procrastination, excuses with the intent of buying time, or just hoping I'd go away.

Sad thing is vendors like this do not go away. They're like a cancer that is cured only to pop up elsewhere.

Remember these guys?

http://www.rottecmotorcycle.com/

Maybe you guys should close up shop and move on to scamming the Moto world.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 AM
coffeeycups
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fight them
Old 12-13-2016, 06:43 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Race Tech Forged;13808420]We offered you a brand new wheel and to cover the cost of the $750 damage. We can show you the email and forward it to you again if needed.

This thread's got me confused... I thought the problem was that the wheels didn't fit the hub and that he already sent them back. So why would he want one new wheel?
Old 12-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Sounds like a typical pool contractor in Florida. Unfortunately, they can get away with it.
Funny as hell. Unfortunately very true.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:30 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=El Dario Loco;13809226]
We offered you a brand new wheel and to cover the cost of the $750 damage. We can show you the email and forward it to you again if needed.

This thread's got me confused... I thought the problem was that the wheels didn't fit the hub and that he already sent them back. So why would he want one new wheel?
That was in reference to bhf_clt's claim. He posted his story on this thread as well to shed some more light on this company. RTF couldn't help themselves but to jump in a of course try to refute their story yet offer no evidence in their defence. They keep threatening to show "proof" that is us, the customers that are at fault here, and they are some sort of of a legit company. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 12-13-2016, 09:09 AM
bhf_clt
Racer

[QUOTE=JayinToronto;13809286]
Originally Posted by El Dario Loco

That was in reference to bhf_clt's claim. He posted his story on this thread as well to shed some more light on this company. RTF couldn't help themselves but to jump in a of course try to refute their story yet offer no evidence in their defence. They keep threatening to show "proof" that is us, the customers that are at fault here, and they are some sort of of a legit company. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Apologies for any confusion I may have caused by posting here. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000