Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000 - Page 5 - Rennlist Discussion Forums



Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #61
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,190
Default

The old adage, "if it's cheap it ain't good, and if it's good it ain't cheap"applies to Porsche wheels too.
TT Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #62
powdrhound
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
powdrhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,375
Default

Links to this thread needs to be posted wherever these clowns are peddling their wheels. I posted a link in their Vendor forum here on Rennlist. These guys were evidently suspended from 6speed...
powdrhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #63
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,190
Default

Agree w phound, what's really bad is they claim these to be track wheels, which is the last place on earth they belong. Potentially very dangerous.
TT Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #64
powdrhound
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
powdrhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon View Post
Agree w phound, what's really bad is they claim these to be track wheels, which is the last place on earth they belong. Potentially very dangerous.
I've always been skeptical of their wheel designs. They just look flimsy to me. Not that that means much but as the old saying goes, if it doesn't look right.... There are only a handful of wheels I'd trust for hard track work and these are definitely not it.
powdrhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #65
993MAN
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
993MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,018
Default

993MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #66
garyever
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
garyever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hood River, Oregon
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993MAN View Post
Yes, and RTM is the only entity that conducts physical operations and uses an Anaheim, California address. Race Tech Forged, which displays a street address of Maywood, California is a name to identify a website Domain registered in Australia, has no business filings in California, and RTM is now using the RTF name to issue all of their sales contracts.
garyever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #67
vbb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993MAN View Post
They seem to be pretty active on Facebook. They are actively advertising wheels as "track spec."

Last edited by vbb; 12-22-2016 at 06:21 PM.
vbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:32 PM   #68
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 754
Default

Many well established wheel companies have had wheel failures on and off the track.

So lets not play games here and speak out of line here.

We perform FEA test on all our wheels to meet SAE J2530 standards and make sure each wheel have a load rating of 1600bs each wheel. Building a SAFE product is the upmost concern of ours!

Yes a wheel failed on a race track which isn't the first wheel in HISTORY to fail. You can search many established brands and see with your own eyes wheels have failed on and off race tracks.

What no one seems to not know because obviously Gary neglected to mention is that we offered him 4 new wheels once we found out about the issue, not just one wheel but 4 brand new MonoBloc Series wheels to take care of the issue of the failure.

Now find any company that will honor a failure on a track? or even go to go to the extreme of offering 4 brand new wheels?

So go off and call or email any wheel company you wish and see if you'll get a document stating the warranty isn't voided on your wheel/ or any mechanical component in that case if it was used for racing/track use and it fails.

You probably won't be able to get that because just like Porsche and many other OEM manufactures once you drive the car on a race track ALL warrantees are voided.

Yes there was an incident with the wheel and YES we were willing to take care of the problem right away without hesitation till gary's demands were unreasonable.

Just like all custom forged wheel companies all orders are final and theres no refunds or returns on custom made wheels.

We will honor our warranty and replace the damaged wheel once we have the wheel in our warehouse to determine the failure. which the member is refusing to send to have inspected.
Race Tech Forged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #69
sanyata
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sanyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monterey Bay, CA
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged View Post
Jason,

We issued you a refund on 8-1-16. Heres a copy of the refund that was approved and retuned to your card.

l
I thought you issued a credit?
sanyata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:22 AM   #70
993MAN
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
993MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged View Post
Many well established wheel companies have had wheel failures on and off the track.

So lets not play games here and speak out of line here.

We perform FEA test on all our wheels to meet SAE J2530 standards and make sure each wheel have a load rating of 1600bs each wheel. Building a SAFE product is the upmost concern of ours!

Yes a wheel failed on a race track which isn't the first wheel in HISTORY to fail. You can search many established brands and see with your own eyes wheels have failed on and off race tracks.

What no one seems to not know because obviously Gary neglected to mention is that we offered him 4 new wheels once we found out about the issue, not just one wheel but 4 brand new MonoBloc Series wheels to take care of the issue of the failure.

Now find any company that will honor a failure on a track? or even go to go to the extreme of offering 4 brand new wheels?

So go off and call or email any wheel company you wish and see if you'll get a document stating the warranty isn't voided on your wheel/ or any mechanical component in that case if it was used for racing/track use and it fails.

You probably won't be able to get that because just like Porsche and many other OEM manufactures once you drive the car on a race track ALL warrantees are voided.

Yes there was an incident with the wheel and YES we were willing to take care of the problem right away without hesitation till gary's demands were unreasonable.

Just like all custom forged wheel companies all orders are final and theres no refunds or returns on custom made wheels.

We will honor our warranty and replace the damaged wheel once we have the wheel in our warehouse to determine the failure. which the member is refusing to send to have inspected.
Yet no mention of the so called refund?
Having said that, if you actually did do a refund I take everything back.
I own a successful business, and if I had any negative feedback like this spread all over the internet I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
Sort this out and do the right thing.
993MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:49 AM   #71
Spyerx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spyerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 8,679
Default

Blah blah blah.
History of sh!tty communication
History of slow delivery times
History of irritated customers.
How many customers do you see bitching about bbs, hre, forgeline, etc on here.
Yeah, thought so.

But I guess everyone else is wrong right?

Btw, I know many people who have gotten replacement wheels from bbs Motorsport st no cost. They stand behind their products.
Spyerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:35 AM   #72
vbb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 400
Default

OP's situation regarding his refund is what has us bothered. We appreciate RTF writing 11 paragraphs on the issue regarding the wheel failure (though I'm personally not sure I'd track these wheels myself), but the issue at hand in this thread is OP and his $5k. Where's your response to that? Did you actually issue a refund to him or not? Inquiring minds want to know. You're obviously reading this thread.
vbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #73
JayinToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
JayinToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 331
Default

They absolutley, positively 100% have not issued me a refund. Just this crappy made up refund paper. They have my credit card number on file. It's really simple Raz GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
OP's situation regarding his refund is what has us bothered. We appreciate RTF writing 11 paragraphs on the issue regarding the wheel failure (though I'm personally not sure I'd track these wheels myself), but the issue at hand in this thread is OP and his $5k. Where's your response to that? Did you actually issue a refund to him or not? Inquiring minds want to know. You're obviously reading this thread.
JayinToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #74
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,190
Default

As a biz owner myself, I'd recommend damage control at this point. Refund him, apologize and accept all responsibility. If your stuff is good, the quality will speak for itself, if not that's another story.
I'd also like to know how many wheels have failed, what's the denominator?
C
TT Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #75
johnbelk
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
johnbelk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 707
Default

RTF,

You have let this get out of your control. I appreciate you're a small company competing against giants in the wheel industry, but I'm 100% certain this issue, if not resolved soon may potentially result in your business doors being closed. Car enthusiasts have long memories and cannot stand when a wingman gets treated unfairly.

In a good faith effort, I'd suggest the following.

1. Have a secured check issued to the OP customer, posting a copy on RL. Certified mailed with the receipt posted.

2. At no cost, offer to resend another set of wheels to this OP customer, or $2000.00 for the major stress and inconvenience.

3. Resolve all issues with other RTF customers.

3. Provide third party certified test results for RTF "track" wheels.

4. Reorganize and establish a new mission statement that reflects your company's commitment to be honest and loyal to your customers.

The above would be an excellent start and may not guarantee positive results, but honestly anything short will not be acceptable. I'm sure this month may be one of your company's top sales. So, why not go into 2017, with a fresh start...

V/r
JB
johnbelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any one dealt with Ravspec ? Sayyaaf 991 4 12-31-2016 08:34 PM
Did I overpay on warranty? GingerPowered General Porsche Discussions Forum 5 08-13-2015 08:54 PM
Love and Hate Btsoom1 Porsche Cayenne Forum 4 10-15-2014 12:08 PM


Tags
#crash, race tech forged issue, race tech forged problem, race tech forged rip off, race tech forged scam, race tech forged sucks, track wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2015 Rennlist.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send