Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s65e90
Forgeline makes excellent wheels. There's a few very reputable wheel companies around. There's just too many bad ones as well.

Nice looking wheels. Which model is that? I'm going the same 3 piece route you did, but leaning toward BBS as they make a Porsche specific light 3 piece wheel. 3 piece seems to me to have a number of valuable options, BBS will usually replace a wheel that fails in tracking(not racing), and if you want to fix a bent wheel or change your track, you just buy a $200 piece and put the tire back on. BBS has cut their prices substantially, I think to stay on a level playing field with Forgeline.

Forgeline is still high on my list and I know one of the owners there, but am still looking closely to make sure I can get exactly what I need there.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:59 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
Nice looking wheels. Which model is that? I'm going the same 3 piece route you did, but leaning toward BBS as they make a Porsche specific light 3 piece wheel. 3 piece seems to me to have a number of valuable options, BBS will usually replace a wheel that fails in tracking(not racing), and if you want to fix a bent wheel or change your track, you just buy a $200 piece and put the tire back on. BBS has cut their prices substantially, I think to stay on a level playing field with Forgeline.

Forgeline is still high on my list and I know one of the owners there, but am still looking closely to make sure I can get exactly what I need there.
These are zx3r. Forgeline has the best customer service bar none. These are also 3 piece wheels, fully forged barrels and center sections, made (at least assembled) in USA. All 3 piece wheels can be fixed/repaired/ components replaced, etc. They should not fail to begin with. These are some of the best wheels you can buy. Any questions PM me.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgeline is completely made in the USA and if your in the area and want to buy or own a set of wheels I am sure you can go to the facility and get a quick tour.

I personally have Forgeline Wheels and they have been fantastic. I purchased them with the car and the previous owner was downright abusive to the wheels. The barrels had been cleaned with scotchbrite and looked like brushed aluminum. Also, thank god he never took that stuff to the car or wheel centers. The great part was I just took the wheels to Forgeline had them clean up the outters and re-seal the wheels and other then a few small marks you would never have known how bad they looked. The centers looked damn near brand new except for a few small spots but not enough to bother me on a set of 10 year old rims. Now, as much as I love my rims the 3pc design is an absolute pain to keep clean and in all honesty from a design standpoint is past its prime. A 1pc wheel will not hold water between the outter and inner barrel requiring air to blow them out and it will offer a ton more wheel stiffness. The 3pc wheel is good but on a 1pc you can extend the spoke all the way to the outside lip of the wheel which really helps the wheel from deflecting and gives that outside barrel just a ton of strength. You might be able to replace a bent 3pc but its likely it will never bend at all if the wheel was a monoblock.

As far as wheels go I don't think you can go wrong with BBS or Forgeline. I will say currently Forgeline is the 5 lug wheel of choice for pretty much every top American racing team. I can tell you a number of reasons for this is the Open Face Design and Wheel Stiffness. I have used both BBS and Forgeline for years and both are absolute top quality. I have had 1 BBS fail catastrophically as did a few other teams but it was not BBS that was to blame. The simple fact was we put massive loads onto wheels that had never been designed to handle the load we threw at them. *2014 Roar Before the 24* when we added over 1000lbs of downforce onto the car with rear/side diffusers at Daytona because of the merger of ALMS and Grand-Am. Just given the proper time frame new wheels could have been ordered that were designed for the load and I don't think we would have had an issue. Instead they simply banned the use of the rear diffuser at Daytona which took off that extra downforce.

-Your Pal
Fishey
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM
garyever
Advanced

Post moved

Last edited by garyever; 01-27-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:35 AM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The German 'dealer' tp-performance.com has disappeared.

Perhaps someone can notify the ISO if there is fraud occurring, although I couldn't see any reference to ISO now on their website?
Old 01-26-2017, 01:52 PM
garyever
Advanced

What's the tp-performance story?

RTM has cleaned up some of the incriminating stuff off their web pages as they know California authorities are going to be calling on them.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Forgeline and BBS are the real deal. A few extra $, but well worth it.
Fantastic support, real motorsports heritage and use, and STRONG.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:31 PM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 PM
garyever
Advanced

Add----Nuclear Measures Are Not Off The Table
Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM
tommyboy214
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

cross posting

I would watch out for Race Tech Forged as well. I called and spoke with Raz who uses a voip exchange. He had advertised specials for the the holidays with shipments by December 18th. When I called he stated it may take a little longer. Raz sent an incorrect order form from his accountant Carl. After making several corrections he asked that i pay via cash at wells fargo. I instead paid by pay pal.

Here is where it got shady. I made a payment to RTF at the email for their business acount per their instructions. Raz immediately called to apologize and stated that due to the previous owner no longer being around they did not have access. calling Pay pal as well as RTF calling pay pal I received a refund due to Raz's inability to get the money. They even tried to set up a RTF email at gmail but it was linked to the same RTF business account which was frozen.

I reached out and spoke with Gary as well and at that point we chatted about the hustle. I even shared emails.

Rennlist should have taken other complaints more seriously. There other threads that had red flags, most of which have been taken down. My guess is there is no money to sue Raz for and he will disappear and pop up under a different name.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:25 AM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Race tech is still actively selling wheels. Don't know who is buying them but they are all over fb,ig offering deals.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:56 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just like a weed. They keep sprouting up no matter what you do.
They pulled the "I saw these on the internet and thought they were amazing, going to order a set for myself" scam on the mustang forums a couple weeks ago. I posted a link to my story here, got blocked for spam, asked the mods to dig a little deeper and of course they found out that RTF and this new member raving about their wheels were posting from the same ISP. They subsequently pulled the thread and reversed my ban.
These clowns just won't stop.
Gary, how are things progressing on the legal front?

Originally Posted by c7z
Race tech is still actively selling wheels. Don't know who is buying them but they are all over fb,ig offering deals.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, can't believe people do this, ADV1 did something similar awhile back, kept changing names but the same owner. Once a shady owner, will always be shady to me. It's kinda sad, it's good to stick with known and reputable brands instead of trying to find new ones.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:45 PM
garyever
Advanced

Nice work Jay. Emission Accomplished. I also posted on Mustang last weekend and was amazed to see that within 1 day of my posting every trace of Race Tech Forged having ever existed on that site had been wiped not knowing you had a head start. I tried to get Rennlist to do the same as there are still dozens of those 5+ page Race Tech ads through Dec 2016 and prior with Raz stooging as a satisfied customer or a customer asking "where did those great looking wheels come from", but it never got an acknowledgement.

Justice in California's legal systems seems to move slowly on consumer protection issues, but I trust they will eventually finish their investigations and take appropriate measures to close and indict RTM/RTF. In the mean time we have obtained the cooperation of Rennlist, Corvette, 6 Speed, Pelican, and Muatang Forums to remove advertising which, I think, are the major motorsports forums and have substantially reduced RTM's ability to attract more victims. By my count, including forum members that contacted me via PM, we have forced 4 refunds or wheel deliveries from RTM that were stalled for months and likely would not have happened without the efforts of this Rennlist Thread. There are still $15000 worth of wheel failures not refunded and I'm sure we'll see more as tracking/Racing season starts again in 30 days. I have also noticed a # of people stating on this and other forums, "wow, and I was about to buy a set of these crap wheels." My thread on Mustang Forum "RACE TECH FORGED WHEELS--A STORY YOU PROBABLY HAVE NOT HEARD" is written in a generic form to be gently displayed without upsetting moderators, so if I have missed any forums I would encourage everyone to post them on this thread or send me a PM and I will follow through.

It appears to me that Race Tech's primary sales/advertising site is now "Facebook" and I am going to start "objecting " to their ads. If anyone has any other thoughts as to how to get Facebook's attention and cooperation, please post or PM me with suggestions #crash

Last edited by garyever; 02-13-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:56 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Contact FB corporate about them as well.

https://help.instagram.com/165828726...elpref=hc_fnav

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000