Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:50 AM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet this site and a few others could extract the proper payment for you. If they do not reimburse for the return they are still stealing your money.

Last edited by FLT951; 12-22-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:37 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
you sir, have smoked yourself retarded.

Love this forum for it's entertaining few full of wisdom and quick comebacks. U gots some tude.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
THE SMOKING GUN FOR RACE TECH FORGED-----------Several Rennlist members posted that the cracks in the broken spokes of mine and bhf_clt's failed wheels looked like cracks that would occur in cast wheels.

I am now holding a certified test report from an Independent Metals Testing Laboratory published today that confirms Race Tech Motoring is indeed machining and selling counterfeit "cast" wheels, which may be part of the 1400 or so aluminum alloy wheels they imported from South Korea last year that I questioned in several earlier posts. This test report displays that there is no sign of forging (elongated grain flow) in the test sample cut from my wheel. Cast wheels come from aluminum alloy liquid poured in to a mold so retain their original "rounded grain shape", which produces only the original strength of the 6061 aluminum. Forged wheels come from a large extruded aluminum alloy core bar that is smashed into the shape of a wheel at gigantic pressures to produce a smaller grain size (denser, stronger metal) and a very strong, elongated "grain flow shape" in the direction of which the strength is needed to create the very light and strong forged wheel strength. The two processes have little in common, so they are either one or the other. There are no grey areas in this report. Additionally, the Brinell hardness test confirms that the T6 hardness of my wheel is too low at 82 hbw, which should be at 95, too low to meet 6061-T6 hardness, and which would be expected from a less dense cast wheel. I have commissioned a blind test from a 2nd laboratory to confirm this report, before releasing it to California authorities, but I think the cat is out of the bag here and hand writing on the wall for RTM/RTF. Mine are certified counterfeit so I have to go with the assumption that all are cast and will report the findings of the blind confirmation to the forum when received. I am releasing this early to discourage any more victims at RTM/RTF as they have done enough damage already and does not need to continue further. Note that pictures of my wheels tested are included in the report to authenticate that the subjects tested are my RTM wheels that failed.

This is why I continued to refuse to return the wheel to RTM. I have removed the lab's name from the test report to keep RTM from attacking them until California Authorities have taken over this investigation. (click below for the lab report)
... the smoking gun.. is Matt Farah somehow involved?

what is certified counterfeit? or is it just a less-than quality wheel?
Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
... the smoking gun.. is Matt Farah somehow involved?

what is certified counterfeit? or is it just a less-than quality wheel?
I'm not sure how the law defines counterfeit or how you define less-than-quality, but advertising something as forged when it's actually cast is right f*^ked up. I would NEVER consider putting a cast aluminum wheel on these cars.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:18 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT951
I bet this site and a few others could extract the proper payment from you. If they do not reimburse for the return they are still stealing your money.
How do you think they could do that?
Old 12-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
How do you think they could do that?
do not underestimate the power of the internet, facebook, twitter, other motoring sites, PCA chapters and their magazine, etc... they could get enough bad press to really hurt them. Hell even call a local paper about a local wheel manufacturer.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:33 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
I'm not sure how the law defines counterfeit or how you define less-than-quality, but advertising something as forged when it's actually cast is right f*^ked up. I would NEVER consider putting a cast aluminum wheel on these cars.
Exactly, these cars come from the factory with forged aluminum-alloy wheels for a reason. With the speeds and forces these cars are capable of I don't understand why someone would install cast wheels, other than saving money, which could result in a catastrophic event. However, buying what you believed was a forged wheel and to read the various posts that may indicate otherwise...we'll that should be a major league concern for anyone who has these wheels on their car.

As has been stated, if these wheels have been misrepresented the truth will be made known by the authorities now involved. I think we're in a wait and see mode for the official outcome. JB

​​

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-22-2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-22-2016, 12:21 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Jay, the benefits of proofreading are artfully displayed here.

I bet this site and a few others could extract the proper payment FROM you. If they do not reimburse for the return they are still stealing your money.

should have been

I bet this site and a few others could extract the proper payment FOR you. If they do not reimburse for the return they are still stealing your money.

I fired my proof editor earlier this morning.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:28 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9558...trigger-5.html

Either a ton of people are out to smear this company, or there is something very wrong going on
Old 12-22-2016, 04:11 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Smear campaign is possible as said earlier, evidence is being collected. Probably a response via certified mail to all the band wagoners, robin hoods and Richard scrutums on this fabulously entertaing forum.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Smear campaign is possible as said earlier, evidence is being collected. Probably a response via certified mail to all the band wagoners, robin hoods and Richard scrutums on this fabulously entertaing forum.
I don't normally feed the trolls but you should get your facts and definitions straight. A smear campaign is a deliberate effort to discredit using false facts.

Lets clarify the accusations here:
--RTF is not delivering the product they said they would in the timelines they said they would. Sure, chalk it up to "supply challenges" but end of day, customers are not getting product they paid for. Enter the numerous customers that are frustrated with delivery issues.

--RTF is not delivering a product that is "race tech forged" - meaning, not suitable for the purpose it is marketed as - which are wheels for high performance cars that are used on the track. Enter several pictures of cracked spokes.

--RTF is not delivering a FORGED product as they advertise. This is being investigated by at least 1 purchaser using lab analysis to investigate the material properties of the wheels. I'm sure we would all be happy for RTF to post same from their side.

RTF has yet to answer these 3 "accusations" and set the record straight. They like to play defense, not offense. This is not a smear campaign, it's a bunch of pissed off customers NOT getting what they paid for.

Unfortunately you can see the same behavior on other forums.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:16 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Yep, you are definitely on the list.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:19 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Yep, you are definitely on the list.
I heard RTF are made by small children in a basement in a communist 3rd world country.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves for asking for a refund and taking away the money for the little disfigured kids that are giving their lives to make your fine wheels.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:27 PM
atcbi5
Banned

LMAO!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:40 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Should I give you my credit info now so you can just bill me for the contribution I made to further sully the reputation of a clear and obvious bunch of maggot thieves? HOWZAT! Do I owe more now? Give me an e address and I will send my really good stuff. Are you their Johnny Cochrane or their Gloria Allred?

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000