997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Old 12-21-2016, 06:33 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

If that check clears, several individuals on this forum will probably be facing some inconveniences in the forthcoming months. At the present moment, inaccurate comments made without substance will undoubtedly leave some surprises in the mail for a few.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:21 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

huh!? care to explain that absurd terrorist threat? I think the people you are referring to are sporting the same smirk I am because the perps on this thread might be committing felonies. You a supporter of them?
If it weren't for this and other forums there probably would have been no check.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:12 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLT951
huh!? care to explain that absurd terrorist threat? I think the people you are referring to are sporting the same smirk I am because the perps on this thread might be committing felonies. You a supporter of them?
If it weren't for this and other forums there probably would have been no check.
Amigo, you and I both know that in this world there are those that it's better to ignore...you know, like the Jackass neighbor...or the know it all employee at work... Besides the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them and not provide them the attention they so greatly need... like a two year old having a fit..let them cry, stomp and throw themselves on the ground. Too funny to watch...JB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's apparent this person's responses reflect a need for attention, even if that's negative attention...not unsimilar to a teenager with behavioral issues.

Often, the best responce is to ignore the negative behavior, and reward positive behavior.

Hwever, generally speaking, as society we should be sympathetic for those that may have behavioral issues and encourage them to reach out for help. Many will fight those offering to help, but in the end their lives will be much better... I wish no harm in these words and hope he finds solice. JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-22-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-21-2016, 02:34 PM
AlexluvsTTs
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finished perusing this entire thread......holly Fluck! What a total trainwreck!!

I too hope that cheque clears Jay! AND I hope these guys get burried!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:49 PM
garyever
Advanced

I guess atcbi5 didn't notice that I have attached hard copy documents to support the few charges I have made in this thread and delivered to California Authorities and/or Federal authorities if the venue is changed (now totaling 119 documents and growing as people contact me). The ongoing issue here is not whether Jay gets his money back, but what California does with the action I have filed.

Last edited by garyever; 12-21-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 982 Likes on 509 Posts

JayinToronto,

Fingers crossed that you get your check today.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:19 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Originally Posted by FLT951

Gladly let me elaborate, first you have misunderstood my post. Secondly, what I meant to say was that maybe the company may file against those whom have posted damaging comments regarding the incident. Remember we live in a society with reasoning that anything anyone says or suggests maybe be liable for a lawsuit. Obviously, it is wrong what transpired between the buyer and seller. No hard feeling here.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:25 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I have a furry Elf working on a prototype in the shop as we speak
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Originally Posted by johnbelk
Amigo, you and I both know that in this world there are those that it's better to ignore...you know, like the Jackass neighbor...or the know it all employee at work... Besides the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them and not provide them the attention they so greatly need... like a two year old having a fit..let them cry, stomp and throw themselves on the ground. Too funny to watch...JB

Actually, all my neighbors love me since I drive a super nice 07 Turbo GT Silver, lowered with an Europipe 1 recently installed. That you can't ignore Amigo.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:34 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Gladly let me elaborate, first you have misunderstood my post. Secondly, what I meant to say was that maybe the company may file against those whom have posted damaging comments regarding the incident. Remember we live in a society with reasoning that anything anyone says or suggests maybe be liable for a lawsuit. Obviously, it is wrong what transpired between the buyer and seller. No hard feeling here.
you sir, have smoked yourself retarded.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:41 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cashiers check arrived today. Took it to my bank, they will be checking to see if it's valid and contact me. Not sure how long it will take to clear with the holidays and all. I will definitely update you guys the second I hear one way or the other. The cheque was for the original amount of the wheels, they said that they will NOT be reembursing the $450 it cost me to send the defective wheels back to them. That being said, given the place I was in a few weeks ago, I will be very happy to get anything and be able to move on from this terrible experience.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:22 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Cashiers check arrived today. Took it to my bank, they will be checking to see if it's valid and contact me. Not sure how long it will take to clear with the holidays and all. I will definitely update you guys the second I hear one way or the other. The cheque was for the original amount of the wheels, they said that they will NOT be reembursing the $450 it cost me to send the defective wheels back to them. That being said, given the place I was in a few weeks ago, I will be very happy to get anything and be able to move on from this terrible experience.
You can rest easy, we're all pleased it has turned to your favor. The chances of a negative outcome, with the global attention you've received is .000001%. The $450.00 will come to you in another form one day...you watch and see.

Jay and to all of those that were in your corner!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!

JB
Old 12-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 982 Likes on 509 Posts

Great news Jay.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:49 AM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
THE SMOKING GUN FOR RACE TECH FORGED-----------Several Rennlist members posted that the cracks in the broken spokes of mine and bhf_clt's failed wheels looked like cracks that would occur in cast wheels.

I am now holding a certified test report from an Independent Metals Testing Laboratory published today that confirms Race Tech Motoring is indeed machining and selling counterfeit "cast" wheels, which may be part of the 1400 or so aluminum alloy wheels they imported from South Korea last year that I questioned in several earlier posts. This test report displays that there is no sign of forging (elongated grain flow) in the test sample cut from my wheel. Cast wheels come from aluminum alloy liquid poured in to a mold so retain their original "rounded grain shape", which produces only the original strength of the 6061 aluminum. Forged wheels come from a large extruded aluminum alloy core bar that is smashed into the shape of a wheel at gigantic pressures to produce a smaller grain size (denser, stronger metal) and a very strong, elongated "grain flow shape" in the direction of which the strength is needed to create the very light and strong forged wheel strength. The two processes have little in common, so they are either one or the other. There are no grey areas in this report. Additionally, the Brinell hardness test confirms that the T6 hardness of my wheel is too low at 82 hbw, which should be at 95, too low to meet 6061-T6 hardness, and which would be expected from a less dense cast wheel. I have commissioned a blind test from a 2nd laboratory to confirm this report, before releasing it to California authorities, but I think the cat is out of the bag here and hand writing on the wall for RTM/RTF. Mine are certified counterfeit so I have to go with the assumption that all are cast and will report the findings of the blind confirmation to the forum when received. I am releasing this early to discourage any more victims at RTM/RTF as they have done enough damage already and does not need to continue further. Note that pictures of my wheels tested are included in the report to authenticate that the subjects tested are my RTM wheels that failed.

This is why I continued to refuse to return the wheel to RTM. I have removed the lab's name from the test report to keep RTM from attacking them until California Authorities have taken over this investigation. (click below for the lab report)

OMG are you for real. I own a vette and just got my rims. **** my life right now. please post this info on the corvettefourms. People need to know. From what I read there has not been any cracked rims but tons of problems
Old 12-22-2016, 02:23 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Oh man thats awesome news!
It's going to be an even better Christmas for you now.
Sweet news. Power of the internet ay.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000