Sponsored by:

08 Midnight Blue @ Harper Porsche in Knoxville

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:58 AM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Not a whole lot of story.

Alcantara steering wheel wears pretty badly. At 40k miles it probably looks like a bath towel.

Same with shifter

I rather have sport wheel than multi function one. The sport wheel in the car looks to be the thicker one too. Not cheap.

Wheels are GT2 wheels

Debaging is not that uncommon, looks like he/she was going for the all black look.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:31 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alpha motoring
Not a whole lot of story.

Alcantara steering wheel wears pretty badly. At 40k miles it probably looks like a bath towel.

Same with shifter

I rather have sport wheel than multi function one. The sport wheel in the car looks to be the thicker one too. Not cheap.

Wheels are GT2 wheels

Debaging is not that uncommon, looks like he/she was going for the all black look.
As you mentioned further above, the DME report results is enough to walk away from this car. You have a great point...but for me when I'm looking for a car (any car) it's the collective of the various issues that I begin to see that I walk away...and for this car, that's just from the pictures alone. Who knows what else..not to mention the ad is void of the various issues we observed. If the OP is in no rush, which I believe is the case, he can find a nice 07-09, although with a $50-$60K spending range it does begin to limit posibilities, especially with 09s and low mIle and/or high optioned cars. The OP does want a 6 Speed, so I'll be watching...JB
Old 02-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I received the DME print out on the (Plano car) black car. No question it was driven very hard. 4 range 6's and 21 range 5's. However,if you fancy games like "Russian Roulette" you might actually enjoy this car.

Last edited by Dan87951; 02-10-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:25 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

If you guys still like these cars, and can get them for the right price, negotiate in a plug change and a leak down test. That's your smoking gun moreso than guessing at the DME.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Back to Harper Porsche in Knoxville, great dealer to do business with. I found my car at their dealership last Feb, talked thru details, did deal on phone without ever seeing the car. I flew to Knoxville, salesman picked me up at airport, and was on my way for 960 mile drive back to Houston within 1 1/2 hrs. They called numerous times over the next few months to check on me. I would certainly recommend them for their customer service.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
Back to Harper Porsche in Knoxville, great dealer to do business with. I found my car at their dealership last Feb, talked thru details, did deal on phone without ever seeing the car. I flew to Knoxville, salesman picked me up at airport, and was on my way for 960 mile drive back to Houston within 1 1/2 hrs. They called numerous times over the next few months to check on me. I would certainly recommend them for their customer service.
Thanks Raider89 for your feedback. I will keep it in mind next time I see something else in their inventory.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
That's pretty damn quick for a sales transaction. Impressive.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:46 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Good info.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Plano car is tuned/exhaust has ricer LED light mods and the steering wheel, shifter have been changed. The clutch was done at 40k miles and the dealer has no idea what mods are on it. It has GT3 or replica GT3 wheels, fresh P-zero tires. The dealer put about 6k into it after taking it in trade. It drives nice, is fast but there are a few questionable things about it and I don't like the fact that the sales guy told me it has only range 2 over revs when it clearly has range 5 and 6.
Who did you speak to? I received the DME print out from a salesman named Colin Kurth. He seemed entirely up front with me about the car. Maybe there finding it's difficult to sell with Range 5 and 6 over revs?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:00 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Who did you speak to? I received the DME print out from a salesman named Colin Kurth. He seemed entirely up front with me about the car. Maybe there finding it's difficult to sell with Range 5 and 5 over revs?
Don't remember the name, just saw it ran in quickly and inquired and was told it has some mods and the just pulled the DME and it only had up to range 2's. I had a sneaking suspicion info on this car would be floating around on RL.

Looks like the wheels have been refinished and the front bumper has been repainted as well. The hood has a matte clearbra or vinyl wrap.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Don't remember the name, just saw it ran in quickly and inquired and was told it has some mods and the just pulled the DME and it only had up to range 2's. I had a sneaking suspicion info on this car would be floating around on RL.
Yikes scary. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2016, 12:09 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Yikes scary. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Guessing all the over revs are due to the fact that it seemed very aggressively tuned. The car revs up fast. The story was that the mods were installed at a dealer but the dealer they claim did it does not show records that mods were installed there.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:56 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the same screenshot I received from the sales guy when I first called about the car. Then I posted it here, but manually.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my ealier post to the OP.

"...I'm positive this car has many stories....also many regrets and nightmares for the next owner. Remember, no deal is to good to walk away from, but in the case of this car, don't walk...RUN!!!!..."

Dealers should be aware that there's a strong community of well informed enthusiasts, that will do their best to reveal these basket cases. To assist those that reach out for help, for me it's good knowing that there's one less person being taken advantage of. JB
Old 02-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

So, who bought this one? Someone got it. Nice car.

Quick Reply: 08 Midnight Blue @ Harper Porsche in Knoxville