Sponsored by:

Recaro Sportster CS seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recaro Sportster CS seats

Has anyone looked into or have Recaro Sportster seats for their 997.1 turbo?
Old 02-05-2016, 09:06 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

I considered them for my GT4 but that was so I could run at least a 4 point harness and have seats that would work for the kids.

Why do you want them for a TT? They look nice but I find the standard sport seats pretty good. I'm also sure you could find away around the airbag lights but you're losing side airbags too.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mm1
I considered them for my GT4 but that was so I could run at least a 4 point harness and have seats that would work for the kids. Why do you want them for a TT? They look nice but I find the standard sport seats pretty good. I'm also sure you could find away around the airbag lights but you're losing side airbags too.

True. But I'm looking for weight savings plus a nice sporty look
Old 02-06-2016, 08:48 AM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by estrellajon
True. But I'm looking for weight savings plus a nice sporty look
Of those two factors I'd say look will be most noticeable. Plenty of ways to add more power to offset weight in the TT platform. Unless you're looking for a track car and in that case there are other ways to drop more weight and much lighter seats

My take, if you're putting a roll bar and harness in then it might be worth it, otherwise I'd look at Sport Buckets to keep a OEM look and airbags.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:22 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

recaro cs seats are spectatcular seats! compared to the factory power seats theres a huge weight savings. and killer looks. cobra misano seats are also great looking
Old 02-06-2016, 02:59 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the CS in Alcantara and also did the steering wheel and some other interior parts in alcantara. The seats are incredible. Very supportive at the track and extremely comfortable in long drives to the track.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by longboarder
I have the CS in Alcantara and also did the steering wheel and some other interior parts in alcantara. The seats are incredible. Very supportive at the track and extremely comfortable in long drives to the track.
OK, so I'm taking back my comment. These look really nice in the 997tt (headed over to the other forum after a quick search). What did you do for the airbag relays?

Old 02-06-2016, 05:02 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by mm1
OK, so I'm taking back my comment. These look really nice in the 997tt (headed over to the other forum after a quick search). What did you do for the airbag relays?
Good question but sorry I don't know because BBI sold me that parts and did the install.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had these seats in many of my cars and still have a set in one of my cars.

They are nice, but if you're going to be tracking I would suggest something else, these are not as bolstered as GT2 buckets either so keep that in mind.

You can code the airbags off.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:38 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Great feedback. I only track 3-5 times a year but weight savings is priority 1, then looks and comfort for daily use
Old 02-06-2016, 11:10 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by estrellajon
Great feedback. I only track 3-5 times a year but weight savings is priority 1, then looks and comfort for daily use
You cannot run the 5th point if you're thinking about caging and running harnesses. Keep that in mind. I've seen people do custom buttons to run the 5th point but it's kinda pointless.

These seats are cool for the street, for track, get something else.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:56 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:08 AM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

If you ever venture out to Los Angeles you're more than welcome to sit in them and see for yourself!

Amazing street seats, for track they're just not the greatest.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:24 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
Well, I hated the 14-way adaptive seats. They pinched my shoulders and they were uncomfortable on a long drive.
This is so true but unbelievable to me almost all rave about those crappy seats.
Some go as far as to call it a 'deal braker' when a car doesn't have those.
Or a 'must have'

My first 997 turbo, that I bought new, had them. When ordering I believed all the hype. Soon I regretted them big time. Never felt comfortable in those seats.

The only sport seat for me is the GT2 but I got really lucky , I scored a set for cheap.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:42 AM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by TT-911
This is so true but unbelievable to me almost all rave about those crappy seats. Some go as far as to call it a 'deal braker' when a car doesn't have those. Or a 'must have' My first 997 turbo, that I bought new, had them. When ordering I believed all the hype. Soon I regretted them big time. Never felt comfortable in those seats. The only sport seat for me is the GT2 but I got really lucky , I scored a set for cheap.
i also have the newer style 14-way on my 991 Turbo S and they are a little more comfortable in the shoulders compared to the 997 14-way (subtle changes were made I believe) but are still pretty bad. Maybe our body/build in the shoulder are is different than most others?

Quick Reply: Recaro Sportster CS seats