Sponsored by:

Europipe Stage 1 in San Diego/SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:18 PM
sidewaysinamg
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Europipe Stage 1 in San Diego/SoCal

Does anybody in SoCal have EP1 installed on their 997.1? I was wondering if I could hear it out before ordering one with Stef.
TIA!
Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 PM
bodi
AutoX

Sorry I don't live near you. I installed one on my car about a month ago. Great sound. I have a cab and thought it would be to loud, however it doesn't sound much louder than the stock exhaust until you start to push the car. Quality from Stef was great. He even provides the installation tools. Don't think you can go wrong. One other benefit is it reduces the turbo lag due to the reduced back pressure. Let us know what you decide. I'd like to know what you think if you decide to go forward with the install.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:31 AM
sidewaysinamg
AutoX

Thanks bodi. I like it a lot in the videos, just wanted to check if there is any drone during highway driving ( 6th gear, 70 mph ). I will PM you if I have any questions regarding the installation.

Your cab in midnight blue looks stunning.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:08 AM
bodi
AutoX

I don't believe you will have any trouble with drone in the coupe. I can hardly hear the exhaust inside the car with the top up. Sometimes with top down I get what I would call a minor drone but you only need to change rpms a little to stop it. One thing you can hear on the car is the turbos spinning up when you accelerate. I personally like the way it sounds. You could never hear this with the stock exhaust. Stef also sends step by step photos for installation.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewaysinamg
Thanks bodi. I like it a lot in the videos, just wanted to check if there is any drone during highway driving ( 6th gear, 70 mph ). I will PM you if I have any questions regarding the installation.

Your cab in midnight blue looks stunning.
If you have 6 speed MT you really should consider the EP2. EP1 definitely for Tip but I had EP2 in two different 6MT 997.1 TT's and the sound was not obnoxious at all.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

But EP warns of some drone with stage 2? I am thinking of going with EP and have a manual but want to minimize drone and prefer quieter vs louder.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:06 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bondjockey
But EP warns of some drone with stage 2
Warning is for Tip cars.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

It's downhill from here! Long live the non puluting Mezger engine!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an EP1 on order...but I prefer a stealth approach to my modded cars, to each his own...cant go really wrong w either one.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:00 PM
kitwetzler
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

But EP warns of some drone with stage 2? I am thinking of going with EP and have a manual but want to minimize drone and prefer quieter vs louder.
I have a 6MT cab and I have an EP2. I'm very happy with it. I had an EP1 on my 07 997tt coupe. It was arguably too quiet - the EP2 makes a much nicer noise and it's obnoxious, except very briefly at 2200 rpm. I just don't cruise in that range. My wife commented that the EP2 is a bit loud on cold start (in the garage with the top down (door open of course) but it's pretty subtle after that.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree. I would also heed Stef's advice there. I found EP1 to be the perfect blend and is loud enough on the outside without being intrusive on the inside to any degree of being annoying (droney) as the other AM systems are for the .1tt. If OP doesn't like the EP1 then he is basically back to the stock system as none of the others deal with the drone as effectively as the EP. I'd be very surprised to hear if he found it anything other than sensational. The added performance is a bonus.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Agree. I would also heed Stef's advice there. I found EP1 to be the perfect blend and is loud enough on the outside without being intrusive on the inside to any degree of being annoying (droney) as the other AM systems are for the .1tt. If OP doesn't like the EP1 then he is basically back to the stock system as none of the others deal with the drone as effectively as the EP. I'd be very surprised to hear if he found it anything other than sensational. The added performance is a bonus.
I agree, I think the EP1 is perfect, definitely no drone inside cabin, and nice rumble/grunt outside, sounds great, like a turbo should.

Quick Reply: Europipe Stage 1 in San Diego/SoCal