Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I made it 3 months! Parts ordered!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Fatbro
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Well I made it 3 months! Parts ordered!!!

I made 3 months.....My exact words "The car is fine the way it is" "I don't need to customize a Porsche" "I'm not going to spend money on it"

Yeah Right!!!!!!!

After two months of going back and forth and looking at multiple systems I have decided to go with Speedtech. John had awesome customer service and really dealt with my A-type personality great. I love the idea of being able to change it up if I don't like it and he is really willing to work with you.

So I have been so anxious and excited. It has been a week and since they made the exhaust to order I have about 2 more to go.

I'm taking the car to the Test n Tune this Friday night to clock the 1/4 mile times. And then do it again when everything is installed.

Speedtech 3.0 exhaust with dual tips
Speedtech Headers
SoftTronic ECU flash.

I can't wait.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:22 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

You will love the Softronic Tune. I had my done by Scott personally because I live 20 minutes from his office. The car will be transformed and elevated to a new performance level that will be intoxicating to your emotions. Enjoy your car.

Jay
Old 10-23-2015, 04:22 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome! Please update us! Very anxious to get your feedback on the Speedtech exhaust
Old 10-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

Damn Rain!!! No test n Tune tonight
Old 10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a good plan, but what is an A personality?
Old 10-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

Originally Posted by 993MAN
Sounds like a good plan, but what is an A personality?
http://www.simplypsychology.org/personality-a.html
Old 10-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

In a nut shell.....Competitive, ambitious, impatient, aggressive, fast talking.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:51 PM
993MAN
Drifting

So a car salesman then hahaha
Old 10-23-2015, 06:12 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the speedtech X-pipe with 200 cel HJS cats. My only complaint is that it sits lower than "I like". You can see it from the rear about 3 inches. If this was up just a tad, it would be fantastic. I have some drone at about 68-72 mph windows up. My wife can't stand it but that's her. I have been told they all drone so it is what it is. Other than that, no problems or check engine light stuff.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Note: We recently redesigned our 997TT systems to sit higher and tuck up more under the bumper...

Also, that is the full 3" version with dual 3" tips. If you use our 2.5 x-pipe with OEM tips there is absolutely no drone, combined with glorious sound. So it comes down to sound level and pipe size choices to dial in the system. A full 3" system is loud and it's not for everyone. For those that want a loud, exotic sound to compete with their buddy's Ferrari you can't beat it and our customers love it!

It's all about choice. We even offer to switch out between our 2.5 and 3.0 within the first 30 days of installation at no cost, in order to make sure our customers end up making the right choice for themselves...

Last edited by John D II; 10-23-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Duckstu
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
Note: We recently redesigned our 997TT systems to sit higher aND tuck up more under the bumper...
I have the Tubi-Style with no cats,.. and I haven't noticed any drone.

Revving up from 3,000 to redline with little to no boost sounds VERY sexy.

Full throttle it sounds just a tad flatulent though,.. but in an aggressive sort of way.

Friends describe it as not the sexiest sound,.. but that is sounds like a very fast car.

In the way that some of the 800 - 1,500 hp cars sound aggressive,.. but not ideal. But from the sound alone you wouldn't mess with them. If that makes any sense?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:36 PM
993MAN
Drifting

I'm so tempted to get the ECU flash but don't want to until my warranty runs out.
I still find the power gains amazing for the price.

It's something I'm going to do.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

Note: We recently redesigned our 997TT systems to sit higher and tuck up more under the bumper...

Also, that is the full 3" version with dual 3" tips. If you use our 2.5 x-pipe with OEM tips there is absolutely no drone, combined with glorious sound. So it comes down to sound level and pipe size choices to dial in the system. A full 3" system is loud and it's not for everyone. For those that want a loud, exotic sound to compete with their buddy's Ferrari you can't beat it and our customers love it!

It's all about choice. We even offer to switch out between our 2.5 and 3.0 within the first 30 days of installation at no cost, in order to make sure our customers end up making the right choice for themselves...
John stop messing with me and ship it already!!!!! LOL

I can't wait!!! by the way you have been AWESOME!!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Fatbro
Instructor

Originally Posted by 993MAN
I'm so tempted to get the ECU flash but don't want to until my warranty runs out.
I still find the power gains amazing for the price.

It's something I'm going to do.

DO IT!!!
Old 10-24-2015, 12:31 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I have the speedtech X-pipe with 200 cel HJS cats. My only complaint is that it sits lower than "I like". You can see it from the rear about 3 inches. If this was up just a tad, it would be fantastic. I have some drone at about 68-72 mph windows up. My wife can't stand it but that's her. I have been told they all drone so it is what it is. Other than that, no problems or check engine light stuff.

Agree, I too wish it was not quite so low slung..I plan to paint the pipes black with some high temp paint so it's not as visible.

I have the same exhaust, and had the same drone you noticed.. I switched it out with the OEM tips and, as John indicated below, there is now no drone at all, but retains the same awesome sound.

Quick Reply: Well I made it 3 months! Parts ordered!!!