Sponsored by:

BBi Autosport Rennlist 997 Turbo Forum Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 AM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
What's up Adam! Glad you can join us. Still need to install the bigger turbos and the meth kit. Working really sucks *****, so please buy me some money.

Regards,
Philip
What's up my friend!! Meth really helped me with the fueling limit. I would recommend you do that. Enabled me to dial up boost a bit. The stock turbos flow A LOT of air. I'm flowing 30psi mid range right now but have to taper really quickly down to 18psi redline. Upgraded turbos won't give you any more power than that. That is until the fuel system is upgraded which unfortunately hasn't happened yet with the 997.2's.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
What's up my friend!! Meth really helped me with the fueling limit. I would recommend you do that. Enabled me to dial up boost a bit. The stock turbos flow A LOT of air. I'm flowing 30psi mid range right now but have to taper really quickly down to 18psi redline. Upgraded turbos won't give you any more power than that. That is until the fuel system is upgraded which unfortunately hasn't happened yet with the 997.2's.
Great to hear, gotta hit you up one of these days and give you a ring! Got the full meth kit and plan on installing the gauge in the chrono pod as well - saw that in your youtube video - dope! I've been traveling non-stop and live mostly in NYC these days, car is Upstate. But we are getting it ready for some roll-races in October @ the Poconos... looking forward seeing what the 997.2 can do. When is the next shiftSector? Any more work done before that? What is Matt building? Drew still has his M3 monster? Hope all is well.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why can't we have cool shops like this in the NE. Few I know of are a little sketchy.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
why can't we have cool shops like this in the NE. Few I know of are a little sketchy.
Agreed! Although I'm a bit spoiled with my buddy and gold meister master tech that works on my car. And we get to use a race shop for 911 cup cars, while drinking beer.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:21 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Love it!!!!
The new shop is incredible! Just returned from BBI a few minutes ago where I was chillin with Matt Farah as BBI was prepping his personal car for Shift Sector.

Originally Posted by Duckstu
Beautiful shop and impressive looking products.

Any chance of a group buy for your new clutch slave cylinder?

I need one of those,... and a clutch,... and coolant pipe welding,....
Thanks guys! Matt Farah is a good friend of BBi Autosport.

Duckstu, I sent you a PM in regards to the coolant pipes. Please review and let me know if you would like to move forward.

Originally Posted by JohnTz
Awesome shop. Can you build a remote location in the Chicago area.
Originally Posted by bmw_e30
almost all great shops are in socal it seems
I must say that we are blessed to be in Southern California. The weather and the car culture is great here!

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Looks very freaking impressive!
What's the idea behind the box surrounding the mufflers on your system, looks interesting?
That box is where the voodoo black magic happens!

Hey Jerry, can you have Betim or Len send me those exhaust clamps that I emailed them about, been a while

Btw great stuff and love the exhaust. BBi stepped up and replaced my cats when they went bad prematurely. (thanks to forum publicity)... but they still got replaced.
Jared, my apologies for the delays. I got the clamps on order and will get them sent out to you soon.

In the meantime, for up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBIAutosport[/B]

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 09-05-2015, 12:24 AM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA! my old c2s!

i am glad the owner is taking care of her, i will note to all who do a gt3 conversion in terms of the front bumper and center rad there is a purging valve that the gt3 has which the c2s did not. i had to get creative to plug it... did you guys have to weld the csf rad closed at this point??

do you guys have any further pics of the car? i miss her handling!

michael!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:47 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell more about the exhaust for the 997.1 TT...I hear nothing but great things about BBi
Old 09-06-2015, 01:45 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Exhaust

Originally Posted by CodeRed
Tell more about the exhaust for the 997.1 TT...I hear nothing but great things about BBi
CodeRed,

Thank you so much for the kind words and interest!

We offer an exhaust system for the Porsche 997 Turbo. To simply describe it, our exhaust produces a more aggressive sound and delivers a noticeable increase in power. Each system is bespoke and handcrafted to order. If further performance gains are desired, it can be combined with the IPD Plenum and Cobb Accessport as part of our BBi Stage 2 Power Package.

Please check it out below and email us atJerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com for a quote or if you have any more questions.

BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Barcode Exhaust System

We realize at the highest level of competition there is no room for excess or miscalculation. Decades of engineering experience in racing have ingrained BBI with a respect for function. An aftermarket exhaust system is one of the most popular modifications for any car, and it is so for a good reason. By using three inch diameter piping throughout the system and minimizing bends. The BBI BarCode exhaust reduces restriction and increases exhaust flow allowing your engine to free up more horsepower, torque, and improves throttle response. The improved exhaust flow provides a beautiful and more aggressive exhaust note.The BBI Barcode exhaust comes standard quad tips. For enthusiasts who would like to further customize their exhaust system, BBI offers an optional quad tip optional as well as high temperature ceramic coatings.

Key Features

- Produces a beautiful and more aggressive exhaust sound
- Reduces restriction to increase horsepower, torque, and improve throttle response
- Constructed out of brushed T304 stainless steel
- Meticulously TIG welded
- Stainless steel muffler packing to withstand extreme temperatures
- Stylish design with laser cut BBi logo
- Significant weight savings
- No CEL (Check Engine Light)
- Direct bolt on replacement with all hardware and clamps included
- Single angled cut or quad tips are available
- Optional high temperature black ceramic coatings available
- Hand built in the USA

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-06-2015, 10:49 AM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Great to hear, gotta hit you up one of these days and give you a ring! Got the full meth kit and plan on installing the gauge in the chrono pod as well - saw that in your youtube video - dope! I've been traveling non-stop and live mostly in NYC these days, car is Upstate. But we are getting it ready for some roll-races in October @ the Poconos... looking forward seeing what the 997.2 can do. When is the next shiftSector? Any more work done before that? What is Matt building? Drew still has his M3 monster? Hope all is well.

Hey brother, I don't want to pollute the BBI thread but I can at least say that my TTS is at BBI right now getting ready for the next Shift Sector Airstrip event in late October! These guys are aweome

Betim and crew ordered me up some new seats so I can ditch the uncomfortable and heavy heated and air conditioned adaptives. I might get some lighter wheels too. Afterwards, and hopefully before Shift Sector, the first prototype 997.2 fuel system upgrade will be in by another vendor. I will need it as I signed up for the Exotic class and will have to beat a Veyron, 918 and P1 in the half mile if I want to win. I have no shot without some weight reduction and significant power increase that can only be accomplished with more fuel. The class restricts any upgraded turbo/supercharger and no nitrous. Bolt ons only.

Drew is still kicking a** with his M3. He makes all the trailers which helps the marketing for Shift Sector. Such a bro.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Hey brother, I don't want to pollute the BBI thread but I can at least say that my TTS is at BBI right now getting ready for the next Shift Sector Airstrip event in late October! These guys are aweome

Betim and crew ordered me up some new seats so I can ditch the uncomfortable and heavy heated and air conditioned adaptives. I might get some lighter wheels too. Afterwards, and hopefully before Shift Sector, the first prototype 997.2 fuel system upgrade will be in by another vendor. I will need it as I signed up for the Exotic class and will have to beat a Veyron, 918 and P1 in the half mile if I want to win. I have no shot without some weight reduction and significant power increase that can only be accomplished with more fuel. The class restricts any upgraded turbo/supercharger and no nitrous. Bolt ons only.

Drew is still kicking a** with his M3. He makes all the trailers which helps the marketing for Shift Sector. Such a bro.
Damn! You have your work cut out for you! Will be epic though. Would love some photos of the install.. I'm planning to get rid of my (same) stock seats as well - way too heavy. Thinking of getting some Sparcos. What did you end up getting?

Say 'hello' to Betim! I'll ping him soon regarding my files, gotta get my car dialed in after the turbo install.

Yeah, love Drew's trailers!
Old 09-06-2015, 12:15 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
CodeRed,

Thank you so much for the kind words and interest!

We offer an exhaust system for the Porsche 997 Turbo. To simply describe it, our exhaust produces a more aggressive sound and delivers a noticeable increase in power. Each system is bespoke and handcrafted to order. If further performance gains are desired, it can be combined with the IPD Plenum and Cobb Accessport as part of our BBi Stage 2 Power Package.

Please check it out below and email us atJerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com for a quote or if you have any more questions.

BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Barcode Exhaust System

We realize at the highest level of competition there is no room for excess or miscalculation. Decades of engineering experience in racing have ingrained BBI with a respect for function. An aftermarket exhaust system is one of the most popular modifications for any car, and it is so for a good reason. By using three inch diameter piping throughout the system and minimizing bends. The BBI BarCode exhaust reduces restriction and increases exhaust flow allowing your engine to free up more horsepower, torque, and improves throttle response. The improved exhaust flow provides a beautiful and more aggressive exhaust note.The BBI Barcode exhaust comes standard quad tips. For enthusiasts who would like to further customize their exhaust system, BBI offers an optional quad tip optional as well as high temperature ceramic coatings.

Key Features

- Produces a beautiful and more aggressive exhaust sound
- Reduces restriction to increase horsepower, torque, and improve throttle response
- Constructed out of brushed T304 stainless steel
- Meticulously TIG welded
- Stainless steel muffler packing to withstand extreme temperatures
- Stylish design with laser cut BBi logo
- Significant weight savings
- No CEL (Check Engine Light)
- Direct bolt on replacement with all hardware and clamps included
- Single angled cut or quad tips are available
- Optional high temperature black ceramic coatings available
- Hand built in the USA

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Any chance u have a vid of the exhaust on a 997.1?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CodeRed
Any chance u have a vid of the exhaust on a 997.1?
CodeRed,

Seeing that you are local, we might have a car in the shop that has our exhaust system installed.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello Rennlisters,

We are excited to announce that we just acquired new alignment equipment to better serve our clients. Our new wireless Intercomp racing scales will continue to help us provide our signature BBi StreetCup suspension setups with greater precision and efficiency!

If anyone is in need of alignment or corner balance, please give us a call or send us email to sales@bbiautosport.com for a quote!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport Rennlist 997 Turbo Forum Introduction