Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flying out Friday!! Road trip from Texas to Washington

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:45 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice ride. i've actually made that trip several times from Houston to Anacortes WA. Now I live in Denver. Anyway, try Hwy 287 through Ft Worth and Wichita Falls,good road, at least it was last time I drove my new 997 C4S from Houston to Denver. Safe travels, have a great time!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:31 AM
dudley123
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Kotyk
Did the Xpel installer paint correct or polish the paint prior to the install to remove any swirls or scratches?
I doubt they did any type of paint/color correction but they did buff/polish the areas where they applied Xpel.. It's a dealership, was a rush job. I've got a few areas that need to be redone or the entire thing redone. Hopefully their warranty will cover it, will probably need to pay for the labor to remove/reinstall. Biggest thing was that the car was protected for the long roadtrip home.

Originally Posted by A418t81
Congrats on the new car. I came from a full bolt-on, stock turbo 2010 GT-R. Had an E85 calibration and the whole deal. You are right, the power is not nearly as linear as the GT-R, but it is more interesting after you get used to it. A regular drive is more of an event in the 911 than the GT-R. The engine and weight transfer from the rear is different, and I liked how it sounds like a prop driven airplane on the interstate.

The good news is that with a few mods, you can make the 997 faster than the GTR on the factory turbos if you so desire. Mine is substantially faster than my old car, with my best 60-130 of 5.9 in the Porsche, and a 6.7 in the GT-R, both on E85 of course.
That's great to hear! I'm not the only one making the swap. I'm very tempted to pickup an FVD exhaust, wheels, cobb AP and a few other minor mods. However this car is so pristine, I think it may hurt resale value down the road if I don't keep it 100% oem.

Originally Posted by A418t81
Also, I just realized this car and it's options were very familiar. You bought my buddy's old car. He traded it in on a 2010 GT3RS back at the end of May. It was very well taken care of. Enjoy!
Very nice to hear! It sounded like the immediate previous owner did not own it for more than 3-4months.. I certainly love it!

Thanks again.. Now time to decide if I can tune the car and still maintain my extended warranty, lol.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:45 AM
elite1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrhebert
Nice ride. i've actually made that trip several times from Houston to Anacortes WA. Now I live in Denver. Anyway, try Hwy 287 through Ft Worth and Wichita Falls,good road, at least it was last time I drove my new 997 C4S from Houston to Denver. Safe travels, have a great time!
If you live in Denver an drive a Porsche, you need to hit the High Plains track a few times. Its a great crowd and you truly get to understand your car in a safe environment. (PCA event)

Quick Reply: Flying out Friday!! Road trip from Texas to Washington