Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:53 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
congrats. Perfect color!
or you could just read the thread before posting...
Old 06-01-2015, 02:32 AM
ageff91
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm going to hold off with the big power mods because I was getting pricing from my local champion motorsports authorized installer to pretty much within a few weeks of having the car, kick the car up to stage 2 performance package with them and that would get me allegedly up to 625 hp. I think that's way too much horses way too quickly for my own safety and good. I think I may pass on that and just splurge on a exhaust setup. I want something with some nice backfire. Any suggestions or refer me to the right thread for this one?
Old 06-01-2015, 02:33 AM
ageff91
Track Day

Bare with me here guys!I'm an anxious/excited newbie just trying to figure out what the hell to do to this thing.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:52 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

best is to remain calm.

Check out the Rennlist or 6speedonline classifieds for a stage 1 europipe exhaust.
Keep the exterior as stock as possible.
The most i would even consider is GT3/GT2 oem wheels and maybe a GT2 rear wing.

But for now, enjoy
Old 06-01-2015, 10:25 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ageff91
The guy selling the car says he's a mechanic and claims he checked it out himself and discovered it was pentosin (power steering oil) coming from the engine area. Do I walk away from this or continue to pursue this car?Is this something that I should be nervous about or its a minor thing in the big picture?
So obviously this comes as no surprise to you because the seller disclosed this leak before the PPI right? If not then I'd tread carefully as he may be hiding something. Before you do this deal make sure it's not coolant as that can be a lot more expensive.

I had a power steering leak when I bought my car and it was $1000 to replace the lines. I also had a coolant leak and that was 5x that. The PPI I did picked up both of them but they couldn't diagnose the coolant problem without dropping the engine.

Take your time and make sure you know what it is first and how much it will be. Then at least you can make an informed decision.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM
ageff91
Track Day

Originally Posted by eviligloo
So obviously this comes as no surprise to you because the seller disclosed this leak before the PPI right? If not then I'd tread carefully as he may be hiding something. Before you do this deal make sure it's not coolant as that can be a lot more expensive.

I had a power steering leak when I bought my car and it was $1000 to replace the lines. I also had a coolant leak and that was 5x that. The PPI I did picked up both of them but they couldn't diagnose the coolant problem without dropping the engine.

Take your time and make sure you know what it is first and how much it will be. Then at least you can make an informed decision.
The seller did not disclose to me beforehand about the leak He claimed "he wanted me to hear about it for myself and not from him because he didn't want to scare away a potential buyer. " I thought that was the stupidest logic in my entire life and made me tell the local porsche shop that they have to literally check every single nut and bolt on that car.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:39 PM
ageff91
Track Day

Originally Posted by ageff91
The seller did not disclose to me beforehand about the leak He claimed "he wanted me to hear about it for myself and not from him because he didn't want to scare away a potential buyer. " I thought that was the stupidest logic in my entire life and made me tell the local porsche shop that they have to literally check every single nut and bolt on that car.
Just an update guys!
I had the car go back to the dealer yesterday and they showed me while the car was on the lift that it was really such a small leak that it had a 5% chance of becoming anything significant. It was a result of the car NOT being driven frequently. I told the dealer I planned on driving this car down to Tennessee in a month so I'm sure I'll be working this car out more than it ever has been. So I'm in good shape guys and can't wait to take her home on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:00 AM
ageff91
Track Day

updates updates...... I pulled the trigger and brought home this baby from michigan on wednesday. Its a 2008 997.1 tt. Totally different car than what I've previously been talking about on here but the seller babied the car and plain and simply had too many cars and this car was getting neglectedneglected of driving. Im getting the good old fashioned mod bug guys! I already ordered the slip on akrapovic exhaust system for it. I would like to go with a wing next but i dont know which kind. I know I'm not reinventing the wheel here but is there anything i can do about the Bluetooth and aux cord being mia in this car? I am absolutely loving this car! I drove it home from Michigan to new york city and it was an amazing experience.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:56 AM
ronole
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:38 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts
Default newbie

Unsure about wing options, but for Bluetooth you're best to use a Tranzit Blu HF for semi integration via FM radio, a Dension 500S BT for full integration, or a replacement head unit.

Lots of threads about all options on here.

Enjoy the new car, looks and sounds fantastic.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Kronos
7th Gear

GT2 wing would be perfect. It's not huge like the Techart but mid sized and has a clean look.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:12 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic color and model choice. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:10 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only wing I'd pick is the OEM fixed "aero kit" wing as I think that would go with your overall body appearance. I think all the other wings I've ever seen look like dog ****.

Either that or at some point I realized on my E46 M3...(probably all my p-car customers.) That a Hamann comp spoiler does not look good unless you have the entire kit. & then it's still a step back from OEM. -So I made a convert to E46 M3 CSL OEM.

Don't make that mistake on this car IMHO. .02

Are you getting a tune on this car? I love my FVD setup and they are great to deal with.. best bang for buck. I've had mine for 4 yrs now

Quick Reply: newbie