Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy fast 997.1 turbo on stock VTGs

Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 PM
proTUNING Freaks
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Very cool, and very exciting! Thanks for sharing. The second you guys have something I'll be all over this.
Unfortunately with something like this we simply choose to move slow even when we make great progress with research and testing. It needs considerable testing. After all its only fueling we're dealing with

Originally Posted by A418t81
Hurry up and figure out the high pressure fuel pump limit so I can upgrade. I've been eyeing the 991 Turbo S pretty hard lately. Give me a reason
Yep, as soon as 997.2 is figured out and once we 991 tuning is available to get started with. 991 may not run into fuel limits the same way as the 997.2 so that remains to be explored.

Originally Posted by elite1
Physically, the 997.1 can handle a mild E85 conversion with new injectors.

On the E85 topic, exactly what this thread has turned to. Fuel volume and octane efficiency. 105Oct. is great for performance but, expensive when daily driving the car. (At the track, Awaiting the results this coming weekend.) I really don't think that the track situation differs much. With E85 in comparison to 100oct., I feel that the car is truly stronger with the right tune, resulting in a better result. Not to mention at half the cost.

I have installed the Cobb (Injector Dynamics) 1000CC injectors along with their custom tuning. Car is an animal on the street but, need to keep logging this particular tune for track use to fully understand if this environment is completely safe.

My only recent concern is due to the black coating that Porsche put on their fuel lines. I recently replaced my fuel filter and noticed that this film had "bunch or slide" along the input connection tube.

I managed to cut any excessive film off the fuel line prior to filter input.
Interesting finding on the fuel line/filter and I'm wondering if that may have just been something from the tank that the filter ended up catching. We haven't seen any issues such as that in our testing yet and the lines specifically are virtually the same on the BMW N54 and the 997.2 Turbos.

E85 with ID1300 injectors with appropriate tuning when it comes to OEM or upgraded VTGs is the biggest game changer for 997.1s after having a tune+exhaust installed. Huge bank for the buck gains along with fuel that burns a heck of a lot cleaner than petrol, cooler and way less prone to knock/pre-ignition.

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Is e85 safer than 91 in really hot environments like Phoenix or Vegas.

Same quest for cold places like the great north.

Same question for high alt like NM, CO, or Utah
Once the car is custom tuned for a given set of mods and octane I'd say from the "safety" point of view you're ending up with relatively the same safety level as everything gets tailored to that specific octane/mod/motor configuration along with your ambients especially if just using the car for spirited runs around town. On road courses where the car is under WOT most of the time for 20-30min sessions its highly recommended to use higher octane just for the fact that E85 burns cooler. Heat is something that takes a toll on motor internals over time and the cooler you manage to run the motor during those sessions the more life you can squeeze out of it. That isn't to say that E85 would make a motor last longer than running it on 91. Just an overall remark on what an alcohol based fuel such as E85 has as an advantage over petrol.

Dzenno@PTF

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crazy fast 997.1 turbo on stock VTGs