Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Frustration with Fabspeed - Help what do? I do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:55 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
As to Fabspeed's sponsorship, that is under review. Based on complaints and how they are resolved he may lose his rights to advertise here.
Bob, great to see sponsor's being held accountable. I recall having issues with a product I purchased from a sponsor on 6-speed and I believe the mods there put appropriate pressure on them to resolve the matter appropriately. Good to see this level of "policing", and much appreciated.

- Art
Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

I spoke to Joe today. He tells me that Cuda has his new cats and that he will resolve the other issues promptly. Let's see how he handles things.

Once again, as a reminder, people who have an issue are free to post their problems. On the other hand those who simply pursue a vendetta like Speed21 will find their posts deleted with other sanctions possible. I single out Speed21 because he posts frequently - always demeaning Fabspeed in spite of the fact that he has no personal experience. John D and I are in agreement on this point.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

I spoke to Joe today. He tells me that Cuda has his new cats and that he will resolve the other issues promptly. Let's see how he handles things. Once again, as a reminder, people who have an issue are free to post their problems. On the other hand those who simply pursue a vendetta like Speed21 will find their posts deleted with other sanctions possible. I single out Speed21 because he posts frequently - always demeaning Fabspeed in spite of the fact that he has no personal experience. John D and I are in agreement on this point.
Trade Leo for Speed21.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Bob, you are correct. My cats were replaced last week, and they even sent me a new X-pipe that is of a better design than the old one. I'm pleased with the parts.

Annoying to me that it took such a huge effort on my part. It really felt more like "OK, already... we will replace the cats if you shut up" rather than "Hey, we are here to stand behind our product and warranty." Made me feel like David with his little sling, trying to battle Goliath.

But yes, the issue is now resolved.

Joe, I appreciate the comments. As I have mentioned before, it is my experience that Fabspeed has some significant communication deficiencies. Many of the issues that I experienced, and that others have posted about, could have been either avoided or better dealt with if communication from Fabspeed had been better. Indeed, it has generally been non-existent. Take a look at my thread (link in my signature below). In my opinion, Fabspeed should have been responding to the issues and comments in that thread, raised by myself and many others. Certainly Fabspeed must monitor these forums? If not, there is another significant communication deficiency.

Anyway, a learning experience for all.

Eventually, I will even take the link below out of my sig here!

Last edited by Cuda911; 09-03-2014 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-03-2014, 01:40 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I spoke to Joe today. He tells me that Cuda has his new cats and that he will resolve the other issues promptly. Let's see how he handles things.

Once again, as a reminder, people who have an issue are free to post their problems. On the other hand those who simply pursue a vendetta like Speed21 will find their posts deleted with other sanctions possible. I single out Speed21 because he posts frequently - always demeaning Fabspeed in spite of the fact that he has no personal experience. John D and I are in agreement on this point.
Strange evaluation you have of me there Bob but each is entitled their opinion (I think?....me obviously not included based on your comments). Fwiw I personally don't have any "vendetta" against Fabspeed whatsoever. I have been given no reason thankfully. Perhaps I should not take what people report on here about FS so seriously it seems.

I also wasn't aware one needed to have had a personal experience with a brand of product to cast a valid opinion either. I'm also aware many who have cast their opinions both here and on other Fabspeed related threads, against Fabspeed, haven't purchased FS products either so, I fail to see where I am the odd man out for posting any of my thoughts and opinions. I see myself as merely casting my opinion as others have, or directing others involved in the discussion to additional findings - always relating to the topic, which I have come across in my travels from reading over the various forums.

I accept that if the countless bad Fabspeed user experiences and reviews I have read and based my own opinions on are in fact unreliable then it could be fairly perceived I must have an axe to grind, but that is certainly not the case. Again anything I have offered is either seconding some one else's motion in the discussion by agreeing with them, as I often see others do too, hence my casting my own opinion, or, offering information relevant to the topic which I have come across as stated. I wasn't aware any of that behavior is against forum rules. Fool me if I am wrong, and If I am I offer my sincere apology accordingly to all here.

Originally Posted by Runner
Trade Leo for Speed21.
Well at least I'm worth something as a trade for Leo, and can at least stump up and pay for a membership here on RL.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:37 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Bob, good note! And explanation. Thanks for being the Mod.

Q: How long is Leo's sentence? Can we get him back at least on probation basis? Maybe Bill8411 can chaperon him for a while? And I will pay his $16 membership?
Awesome Mr. Igooz!

Mods: I will talk w Leo about this. I have always enjoyed his posts, he deserves another chance. I think pending good behavior, we suspend his sentence?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:38 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodbuster
So Leo got banned for telling the truth? He should be unbanned, with an apology!
+1
Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
+1
Well not all the time...he did try to deny setting up a second user ID when the IP address was linked to his original user ID...but his posts (other than the rants) were interesting.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:00 PM
dubaudi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As to Fabspeed's sponsorship, that is under review. Based on complaints and how they are resolved he may lose his rights to advertise here.
Hopefully this is true. I can personally tell you there are other potential sponsors who will not advertise on RL because of things like this.

Why would any company want to advertise in an environment where other sponsors are allowed to post videos bashing others' products??

Think about that Rennlist admins....
Old 09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
2011blackturbos
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have K-line exhaust installed on my 2011 997.2 TTS. It had leak at the first time but Sam took care of it right away. I was blown away by his A+++ service.

I hope FS takes care of you accordingly.

Quick Reply: My Frustration with Fabspeed - Help what do? I do?