Sponsored by:

Seat back repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:46 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat back repair?

For those with the plastic coloured seat backs, is there something out there we can use to repair light nicks and scuffs? I was told a vinyl wrap could work to hide them as well but I am looking for something along the lines of of a touch up paint....does this exist?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had custom touch up paint for my sport adaptive seats. you can use a brush and touch it up and then polish.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:10 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by sidwin
i had custom touch up paint for my sport adaptive seats. you can use a brush and touch it up and then polish.
Where did you get the paint? Did you have it made by a body shop?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:13 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had it custom made at a paint shop. I have one bottle left if you want it... paypal me $35 and i'll ship it out to you. suprastar@sidtechs.com please make it a gift so i don't have to pay fees.

Thanks,
Sid

Check out my thread in the 997 forum and you can see the quality of the match.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:54 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
For those with the plastic coloured seat backs, is there something out there we can use to repair light nicks and scuffs? I was told a vinyl wrap could work to hide them as well but I am looking for something along the lines of of a touch up paint....does this exist?
It depends on how bad it is, I actually broke one of my seat backs on my 996tt. I removed the seatback from the seat, then took it to my friendly bodyshop and had them respray it. It came out perfect.

Took about an hour to take it out and put it back in. If you really wanted to go crazy after that, maybe have them put 3m clear guard on it after?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:56 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by CincyScott
It depends on how bad it is, I actually broke one of my seat backs on my 996tt. I removed the seatback from the seat, then took it to my friendly bodyshop and had them respray it. It came out perfect.

Took about an hour to take it out and put it back in. If you really wanted to go crazy after that, maybe have them put 3m clear guard on it after?
The nicks aren't bad enough to take it out. I am **** about this stuff, so any worse than they are today and I would be taking it to the body shop like you did.

The 3M clear is a good idea! Thx!

Quick Reply: Seat back repair?