Sponsored by:

Europipe stage 1 or stage 2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^yeah...check them out...you'd be proud!...they make really high quality products and ship around the world and of course their claim to fame is stainless (T304) construction. Back in 1993 they made some custom exhaust system for me for a rare machine still worth a lot...been a customer since 1991...

Open their eyes to the Porsche world! I will buy their first set...
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK Igooz just checked em out and they do look surprising Kosher! But by look of their range and commitment to motorcycles they may prove to be much like Stef/EP in that they only like pursuing their personal passions, usually based on brand of preference and so on. I find these types of high end outfits generally just focus on what they know and build on improving on that based on their passion rather than say cater for other stuff they really aren't all that passionate about. For eg you ask Stef to make a system for a 458 and he would turn his nose up at the very suggestion.

You see knowing just how passionate and **** Stef and his brother are with the Porsche exhaust, developing, hand building the entire thing themselves,...the blood sweat and tears which goes into creating a clearly outstanding product amongst everything else out there if i were to do another system for the new TS I would not F around for one second with anything else. The EP is a 100% given, no question about it. Once you've had one you truly would not bother with anything else. I mean why would you? Then the delivery from Belgium to here was like 2/ 3 days. Funny thing is I couldn't bring a system in from out state in less time than that without paying a bomb in local AF. That's the problem over here. Anyone who is any good at anything is so damn exxy and, the place is so nannified. Jeez don't get me started on that..
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
magicjack
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
The 997.1 TT EP2 "bigger tips" are only bigger where they connect to the exhaust system - they are the same tips as OEM just modified by Stef on the backside to fit the larger diameter outlet pipe...so they don't fit the rear bumper any differently. Definitely a bigger sound though.
Maybe?

See the attached pic from Stef's website. I've had my car (stage 1) next to another 997.1 tt with the stage 2 and the stage 2 tip and I thought it was a tad bit bigger externally as well (owner agreed) -- its noticeable probably only to people like us.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by magicjack
Maybe?

See the attached pic from Stef's website. I've had my car (stage 1) next to another 997.1 tt with the stage 2 and the stage 2 tip and I thought it was a tad bit bigger externally as well (owner agreed) -- its noticeable probably only to people like us.
Interesting. I, too, thought I'd be getting the exact same OEM tip with just the inside hole made larger to 76mm
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Maybe?

I think it looks that way because of the way the tips are laid out and photographed - you can see that the "smaller" of the two is angled differently. I've had two EP2's on 997.1 TT's - with both I had to return the OEM tips as a core exchange. On the tips that arrived with the EP2 you could see where the mod was made on the back side to enlarge the opening and in fact I put the OEM take-offs up to the new enlarged EP2 tips and the chrome area was the same size. I doubt EP is buying or making new chrome tips - they are just taking the exchange OEM's and modifying.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:12 PM
AllanB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does europipe ever have a sale ? Does anyone currently have a 997.1 europipe one they want to sell me at a good price. Cash in hand.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:28 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Rarely, tpc once had a sale on them I believe.
Funny, the system that I bought brand new has been bought and sold no less than 4 times by different members. They do pop, but a new system is only a few hundred more than the used(and well used) specimens.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Rarely, tpc once had a sale on them I believe.
Funny, the system that I bought brand new has been bought and sold no less than 4 times by different members. They do pop, but a new system is only a few hundred more than the used(and well used) specimens.
Chris, you didn't like the sound of the EP?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM
speed21
Banned

The used price seems to be in the vicinity of 3800 for lightly used down to 3500 for a more used EP1. Pretty safe investment one could say.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Chris, you didn't like the sound of the EP?
Pm sent
Old 05-05-2014, 03:56 PM
magicjack
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you who bought an EP, what do you do with the old exhaust?

I have mine sitting in the garage (15k miles on it).
The following users liked this post:
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:59 PM
AllanB
Advanced

For those of you who bought an EP, what do you do with the old exhaust?

I have mine sitting in the garage (15k miles on it).
Would keep it in case you sell car and guy doesn't want to pay for it. Then put stock one back on. Always a good idea to keep the stock one. Some guys want zero mods.

But the stock exhaust does sound really bad. Porsche should have put in a dual mode like corvettes have and think other cars. Do the new 997.2 or 991 have dual mode? Does Porsche sell a dual mode for the 997.1?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 PM
GT Silver
Advanced

Sorry to threadjack, but would be grateful for some feedback as to how EP1 or EP2 compare with Sharkwerks x pipes pls? Many thanks
Old 05-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

EP1 is the best exhaust for sure!
The following users liked this post:
jayi836 (07-28-2019)
Old 05-06-2014, 08:36 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by GT Silver
Sorry to threadjack, but would be grateful for some feedback as to how EP1 or EP2 compare with Sharkwerks x pipes pls? Many thanks
Seeing you have a gen 2 I think if you are looking for quite a loud exterior note at WOT the SW X pipes would deliver. Quality looks quite nice too. It really depends upon your budget and what outcome you are looking to achieve. The pipes apparently don't drone but make no additional power so are basically a noise enhancer as such so you need to keep that in mind. The EP on the other hand is a full system including the 100 cel cats so be prepared to pay more than the xpipes. If you were looking for true high performance with real power gains you can feel, no interior drone, increased exterior note and the best quality money can buy then you simply can't go past the EP. I highly recommend it…..worth every penny and then some.

Quick Reply: Europipe stage 1 or stage 2?