Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a TechArt Type 1 AeroKit for my turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM
NoPasaran
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I think the Oem aero kit works best.
+1
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Zuppy51
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
I would agree the OEM kit looks best, mainly the rear wing. I have the tech 1 lip but stopped there for the same reason as others have mentioned that the sides look a bit bulky and the rear wing doesn't hit the mark for this car.

You can find a few pics of my car on this SW link,

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-tu...-type-1-a.html
Wow, now that's pretty much what I was looking for. I really like the way it's all tied together. Very cohesive.
Thanks again guys, you have given me a lot to think about.
I think I will be pondering this for a while. I see the total effect with wheels, etc....

BTW, I'm located in Danville, CA. I live minutes from Monteclaire and woud really appreciate seeing one of these in person.
PM me if you are interested.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Thanks Art. Yes you are right that the last shot shows a rear valance would give a better visual result looking from the side on. You see I normally only hold my cars for 4 years but i've been waiting for the 991tt to see whether it excites me and whether the change over $ are going to be worth it.

My 997tt hasn't seen the same mileage as my previous P cars due to my travels of the past few years. Ive only 24K on odo at moment hence me being quite relaxed about sitting in it for a bit longer to do some more miles(in hope of getting better value for the dollars lost) before unloading it....maybe hold out for gen 2 991tt....or even just hold the car. But it's really been such a great car and i'm a little unsure what I will do at this stage. It's a catch 22 because the longer i hold it the less it is worth and then the change up $ to 991tt become even more (yikes). It's a viceous cycle...best left for my accountant.

Once I see the new 991tt car in the flesh and drive it i will be in a better position to know what i'm best to do. I figure if it doesnt excite me much more than the 997tt then i will hold the 997tt and perhaps wait for gen 2 tts. If that happens then i will happily spend more $ on my 997tt and get a TA rear valance and maybe even GT2 side sills, rear gen 2 bar update and front leds etc. Just that for now i didnt want to throw money on it at the moment in the event the dollars work better for me to change it over because i know whatever i spend from now on I won't get that money back. Sorry for my life story lol.....but yes you are right. A rear valance is desired. Maybe i should bite the bullit anyway and get it done..
Hi Paul

that makes complete sense, I totally understand where you're coming from.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuppy51
Wow, now that's pretty much what I was looking for. I really like the way it's all tied together. Very cohesive.
Thanks again guys, you have given me a lot to think about.
I think I will be pondering this for a while. I see the total effect with wheels, etc....

BTW, I'm located in Danville, CA. I live minutes from Monteclaire and woud really appreciate seeing one of these in person.
PM me if you are interested.
You have to buy Art beer!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Zuppy51
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
You have to buy Art beer!
Sounds good, no shortage in our area! It's becoming beer garden heaven!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM
amamoy2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone confirm the actual performance impacts of these kits?

The aesthetics of these options is purely subjective.

Looking at these from an actual reduction of lift/downforce standpoint on the track, is there any data on what difference to expect?

I think the werks rear wing is supposed to generate 70lbs of downforce at highway speeds for example.

Does anyone know what the factory aero kit specs are?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Considering a TechArt Type 1 AeroKit for my turbo.