Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding HP to my 997 Turbo 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BMC air filter is on!!! and the BADSPEED air filter is already sold...

Next step!!!

Hunting for a nice Europipe 1 or Akrapovic (Please let me know if you have one for sale)
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I read the car today, receive the tune file and I finish the installation, drove the car for 10 miles and now the engine light just turn on... Wtf!
The good thing is that Dan is working with me to fix it so i can't complaing about vividracing
Leo! Why did you go through Vivid! Dan is the scumbag of all scumbags! I mentioned before you do not have to go through Vivid!!

Nice to have a marine here with us. Thanks for keeping us safe brother!

You just wasted $120 bucks on that air filter. IT DOES NOTHING! It only lets more contaminants into your engine. Put the paper one back on and sell that piece of crap.

Please stay away from Vivid bro! Go through us before you buy something for your car. We have made the same mistakes you are making and we can save you some grief and some cash.

Did you CEL come on after you installed the exhaust and cats? It may be your cats throwing the code and not the tune. There is nothing wrong with them but you may have to add extensions to your 02 sensor bungs. About $100 bucks. Fabspeed should be able to take care of that for you. Was one of your codes a cat defeciency code? If so you will need the bung extensions. Install those and no more CEL.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
Leo! Why did you go through Vivid! Dan is the scumbag of all scumbags! I mentioned before you do not have to go through Vivid!!
I know you guys told me that but he charge me $2000 with the cable and overnight, i safe like $300 right there and is the same software right? he gave me good customer service and he help me out with the engine light so i can't really say anything bad about him, I WON'T BUY ANY POWER AGENCY products because i don't trust their quality and i don't think it would be fair to TEACHART or the other houses who invest a lot of money in research their products

Nice to have a marine here with us. Thanks for keeping us safe brother!
Thank you! is nice to see that some people still have some respect for the military

You just wasted $120 bucks on that air filter. IT DOES NOTHING! It only lets more contaminants into your engine. Put the paper one back on and sell that piece of crap.

Please stay away from Vivid bro! Go through us before you buy something for your car. We have made the same mistakes you are making and we can save you some grief and some cash.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh man!!! no again!!! lol (it was $235)

Did you CEL come on after you installed the exhaust and cats? It may be your cats throwing the code and not the tune. There is nothing wrong with them but you may have to add extensions to your 02 sensor bungs. About $100 bucks. Fabspeed should be able to take care of that for you. Was one of your codes a cat defeciency code? If so you will need the bung extensions. Install those and no more CEL.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
I don't know what was the problem but "it's gone"... yesterday i downloaded www.durametric.com 6 version and with the softronic cable i read the car... it gave me like 20 different codes (crazy things like c150 in the airback, i can't really remenber) i just click on clear all the faults and it turn the engine light off... after that i drove the car for 100 miles and the light never came back on
Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
phillipj
Drifting

If you get a CEL again check the codes and see if you get a cat fault. If you do it''s the 200 cell cats causing the CEL. It's an easy fix.

As for respectin the military I have TREMENDOUS respect for those who serve. I try to do my part and donate money to our men and women overseas. My father was a weapons instructor in the Army and my Grandfather and Uncle served inthe Pacific theater in WWII. Thank you for your service. I think you find many of us here have a lot of respect for you!

Stop buying stuff! LOL! Drive your car for awhile now. You may have gotten lucky with Vivid once but dont deal with them.. Ther are much more reputable tuners to give your business to.

If you want spend some morre money go to the track and get some lessons on how to drive that bad boy!

All the best to you brother..
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

If you get a CEL again check the codes and see if you get a cat fault. If you do it''s the 200 cell cats causing the CEL. It's an easy fix.

As for respectin the military I have TREMENDOUS respect for those who serve. I try to do my part and donate money to our men and women overseas. My father was a weapons instructor in the Army and my Grandfather and Uncle served inthe Pacific theater in WWII. Thank you for your service. I think you find many of us here have a lot of respect for you!

Stop buying stuff! LOL! Drive your car for awhile now. You may have gotten lucky with Vivid once but dont deal with them.. Ther are much more reputable tuners to give your business to.

If you want spend some morre money go to the track and get some lessons on how to drive that bad boy!

We all understand you're upset with Vivid, but time to move on before you're known as the Taylor Swift of Rennlist.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

2 more things and i be done i swear lol
-dectane lights
-Europipe, akrapovic or any other decent exhaust... i have fabspeed... i want the best for my car no some Chinese cheap pipes....

I haven't drive my car since last Saturday but the light was on again... i delete again and as soon as i go back home this friday i will contact Dan or Softronic.

If the problem is the exhaust why the light didn't turn on when i installed the exhaust? i think the problem is the software because the light turn on as soon as i tune the car.

Thank you Phillip the best for you too
Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 AM
speed21
Banned

^^ Leo looking at the stuff you've put on your car theCEL could be coming from either that useless BMC filter (oil on sensors) or the babaspeed exhaust cats. I couldn't imagine how the soft tune would be causing the cel. You are probably best getting a P tech with piwis to tell you what is going on rather than chasing your tail.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Leo, get hold of a scanner, cheap 100$ sears special, they can read the code and erase.
My money is on the exhaust w a bad cat.
If that's the case, you need a new exhaust/cat. What one could do is put the stock unit back on, then ask softronic if they need to ammend anything since you have stock cats, probably not.
Re the filter; I've had the bmc on mine for about a month (only bc my stocker was dirty and needed replacement), zero issues, I've used them in the past, but I never oil them up or reuse. I tend to change the air filters fairly regularly and could easily pop a stock one in the next time. The guys at farnbacherloles initially recommended them to me, but outside of a little more engine noise and slight improvement in flow, I don't think they do much.
Overall Paul's comments are spot on, but unless you read the codes, you're guessing.
c
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BMC has not thrown a CEL on my car. It's been in there for over 2 years. I've run K&N filters on MAF sensor cars for decades, no problems.

Oil on the MAF won't hurt the sensor. It may make it read erroneously and require a bit of cleaning but that's it. I've never seen it throw a CEL, not saying it never will, but in my experience of several decades worth of MAF equipped cars it's never happened.

As for generalized statements that indicate these filters do not increase performance- there are multitudes of parameters that can be measured for performance- peak output is just one. I know I don't base my car's performance on only one metric...
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^^true, gotta be some reason Ruf, FVD, Techart, TPC, etc all use them in their packages.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

The only reason why I really like the BMC filter is because I can hear the turbos go on... I said it before "driving a 997TT and not being able to hear the Turbos is like being in a relationship with Meagan Fox having to pay for all her bills and not being able to have any physical contact with her
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
The only reason why I really like the BMC filter is because I can hear the turbos go on... I said it before "driving a 997TT and not being able to hear the Turbos is like being in a relationship with Meagan Fox having to pay for all her bills and not being able to have any physical contact with her
get a europipe and use the stock filter, you'll hear the turbos all the time!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
You do realize those are completely different noises?

What Leo is describing is induction noise. What you are talking about is exhaust.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
^^true, gotta be some reason Ruf, FVD, Techart, TPC, etc all use them in their packages.
Packaging is the key word here. It's an opportunity of making a nice chunk out of something that does the best part of nothing while making the overall package look both visually attractive and as comprehensive as possible to the potential purchaser. We do it all the time with stuff like engine kits and so forth. Add a set of filters in for free and a drive belt and they really snap em up.

Originally Posted by aa909
+1 Art

That's basically the short and long of it. Ther's the thems that knows an the dems dat don't. You'll hear very little if you got a tubi whereas the EP really makes the turbos audible. Every system will have an effect of sorts but the EP real does the trick!

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
You do realize those are completely different noises?

What Leo is describing is induction noise. What you are talking about is exhaust.
Dont agree.

One's the sound of sucking from the air filter (induction noise), and the turbos whistling is (turbos whistling) from the exhaust. Depends if you like to hear a sucking hushing noise coming from your engine compartment. Not everyones cup if tea really. Sounds a bit tacky in a car like a PT imho....not that it's all that audible anyway but it's like a noise in the engine compartment that imho shouldn't be there vs a noise (turbos whistling) that should. But to each his own poison. The BMC/K&N is a basically a intangible poison, and in more ways than one. Just saying...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
phillipj
Drifting

I think the Europipe is the only exhaust that should be sold legally woirldwide. Anything else should be punished by large fine or jail time.

Quick Reply: Adding HP to my 997 Turbo 2007