Sponsored by:

Skeptical of Softtronic ECU Reflash Claims

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Leo – your approach to tuning is random. You keep adding pieces and then changing. Figure out what you want your car to be, do some real research and then add complimentary pieces. You’ll save yourself a bunch of money and aggravation and ultimately get what you want. Think of the extra cash you’d have without the CAI, BMC filter and now the Werks 1. Slow down and think about this in total, not just pieces...and get that hood fixed.
I agree with you and that's why I was saying that a lot of those parts in the power kits are worthless base on my littler experience the air filters don't make a difference, I read some other users that don't have a good experience with the ipd, plenum, ypipes, etc

I got where I wanted to be... My exhaust & tune. If a person like me (CPO for 2 years and broke lol) is not going to change the turbos I think that's all you can do to your car because the rest it won't work... Again I'm talking about ipd plenum, bigger trotter body, ypipes, air intake, etc
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by TB993tt

By approach I mean skeptical approach, if you have been buying random add ons without researching then as you have found out this "approach" as pointed out is not the best

We were calling out tuners on here when you were 15yo when they were all claiming 700hp from air cooled turbos which performed like 500hp ones, RL is where the 60-130mph measurement was invented !
Much has changed and there are many tuners who can match most of the performance aspirations of owners but there're still plenty of snakes in the pit, checkout the way tuners sell their intercoolers and the deafening silence when called out for verification...
I was already a victim of those snakes lol multiple times!

I never said I was a genius! I always said I don't know anything about cars (especially Porsche Turbos) I guess there is some people who are really loud and maybe the just don't want new (dumb ) guys in here asking stupid questions.. But in the end of the day this is a public forum I don't know why they even read my dumb posts and bother to reply...

I totally agree with you, I spend a lot of money in parts that didn't do anything for my car... But I had to pay the plate... Now I'm more careful with what I buy and some of you guys help me a lot and I thank ya'll for that.

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-06-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
By approach I mean skeptical approach, if you have been buying random add ons without researching then as you have found out this "approach" as pointed out is not the best

We were calling out tuners on here when you were 15yo when they were all claiming 700hp from air cooled turbos which performed like 500hp ones, RL is where the 60-130mph measurement was invented !
Much has changed and there are many tuners who can match most of the performance aspirations of owners but there're still plenty of snakes in the pit, checkout the way tuners sell their intercoolers and the deafening silence when called out for verification...
I agree with you Toby but the problem that octane rating, weather, fuel quantity in tank, tuning all show different results from country to country.

Take a look to greece members who saw impressive results from 997.2 gt2 rs coolers. In US and middle east they didnt see those impressive results and many get rid of them.

For me street racing/highway pulling is the REAL test
Not dyno ( either engine or chassis dyno )
Not 60-130
Not 0-300kmh

ED 964C2TT beat faster ( 60-130 and 100-150 ) and higher power UGR GTT's
I heard Alpha 3076 996 gt2 beat RS Tuning Built 993tt in Lebanon. You can ask him in the other forum if you want
Old 05-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Finally some real results from champion 68mm vgts on tip 997tt
I remember champion claimed 640awhp on mustang dyno ( tip car )

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...151-82mph.html
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

No MPH so I don't know what the results mean, although the other car with the 150mph trap is impressive!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd do a Kevin flash over all others IMNSHO.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
No MPH so I don't know what the results mean, although the other car with the 150mph trap is impressive!
10.8-11.0sec still slower than other modded vgts.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nomak
10.8-11.0sec still slower than other modded vgts.
That's my point. MPH trap speed is indicative of power. ET is for traction and shifting. The Champion PDK car that ran under a 10.0, would that be fast? The MPH would indicate otherwise- under 140mph traps- which means it shifts fast and has great launches.

You're not telling the whole story, and basing your opinion on an incomplete set of facts. If you want a low ET, learn to drive it down a drag strip (easier said than done), but if you want a high trap speed you need power.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Nomak
Advanced

That's my point. MPH trap speed is indicative of power. ET is for traction and shifting. The Champion PDK car that ran under a 10.0, would that be fast? The MPH would indicate otherwise- under 140mph traps- which means it shifts fast and has great launches.

You're not telling the whole story, and basing your opinion on an incomplete set of facts. If you want a low ET, learn to drive it down a drag strip (easier said than done), but if you want a high trap speed you need power.
I agree but im talking about 68mm vgt for 997.2tt not pdk
Since champion released them we never see real results except this run.

Do you have slip for that car?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

I think it's posted on 6 Speed.

As for results of the 68mm kit, they are out there but if you choose to dismiss it then you've got no one to blame but yourself.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Nomak
Advanced

I think it's posted on 6 Speed.

As for results of the 68mm kit, they are out there but if you choose to dismiss it then you've got no one to blame but yourself.
Im not
Kindly post the link if you dont mind
Old 05-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Nomak

Im not
Kindly post the link if you dont mind
http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...=306292&page=8
Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Talisman013
4th Gear

I just spent weeks researching and choosing a tune. While I believe that softronic is a pretty good tune(despite exaggerated claims by vivid). I spoke with Scott at softronic at length, he seems to be a great guy who knows his stuff.

I finally chose Protomotive. At first it seemed the proto tune was one of the most expensive, but his price includes 3 tunes, a datalogged tune, and his retunes after that are VERY affordable. That coupled with the fact that I couldnt find a single bad review about protomotive and numerous people PM'ing me praising his stuff. I am actually sitting right now waiting on fed-ex to show up with the cable. I'm dying here!! Like a kid waiting for Xmas.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Cant see real results bro

Quick Reply: Skeptical of Softtronic ECU Reflash Claims