Sponsored by:

Skeptical of Softtronic ECU Reflash Claims

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Wow, didn't know this, thanks! I've learned that whenever I consider a "mod" or have a question/s I always ask the users first. You have the firsthand knowledge and share your thoughts and opinions without hestitation. I'm still pressing ahead with Softronic but from another source. I've already purchased the plugs.

My indie recommended I also replace my 2 OEM plastic diverter valves with 2 Forge piston valves http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...000&cat=150000 and add a sprint booster for better throttle response. Necessary?
I have had the EVOMS BRV valves on and off my car. I fell ffor that mod as well and the The stock ones are on now. Unless you are in the 700hp range the stocks ones are fine. In fact several techs have told me that they have never seen a stock BRV fail. The sprint booster just changes the input of your accelerator pedal and does not produce more power. I would research the reviews online. Living in Hawaii you would be better off spending money upgrading your IC's to the GT2's or possibly the ones that GTRNick has put on his car. The GT2's are relatively inexpensive and take a little fabrication to make them fit. If you want more power you can port and polish your stock exhaust manifolds. No need to spend 3 to 5k on aftermarket ones. You just have to make sure that you have someone experienced do the job.

Beware of the aftermarket. Sometime I will post a picture of the box of crappy mods I have bought for my car and taken them back off again. A very expensive lesson. A good tune and exhaust are proven to be the best mods you can do for your TT. I f you really want to go faster you would be better served to buy a Turbo S. That is still one of the quickest cars on the road and it's stock. You will never get your 997-1 TT to do a 2.7 0 to 60 time. And if you put a tune and exhaust on that bad boy it's a super rocket..
Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM
lic265
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver997TT
I think the clutch is the first thing to replace after tuned power.
Another question: I am reading another thread about boost ; and it seem with a duametric reading and ECU flash some people get above 18 ; perhaps in the low 20's. So does extras boost pressure cause any issues down the line on the engine?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
ISFtoTurboS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a 997.2 TTS. They're supposed to be 530 hp. With tune and exhaust I'm only going to gain 20 or so HP? I guess I'll save the money.

Also, I noticed the DCT is rated at 575 lb/ft of torque but it appears that a lot of dyno readings really peak at low rpm. Anybody notice slippage at that high torque level?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figures in this thread refer to plain turbos not S. a tune and an exhaust will make you more than 30hp! More like 70-100?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
I have had the EVOMS BRV valves on and off my car. I fell ffor that mod as well and the The stock ones are on now. Unless you are in the 700hp range the stocks ones are fine. In fact several techs have told me that they have never seen a stock BRV fail. The sprint booster just changes the input of your accelerator pedal and does not produce more power. I would research the reviews online. Living in Hawaii you would be better off spending money upgrading your IC's to the GT2's or possibly the ones that GTRNick has put on his car. The GT2's are relatively inexpensive and take a little fabrication to make them fit. If you want more power you can port and polish your stock exhaust manifolds. No need to spend 3 to 5k on aftermarket ones. You just have to make sure that you have someone experienced do the job.

Beware of the aftermarket. Sometime I will post a picture of the box of crappy mods I have bought for my car and taken them back off again. A very expensive lesson. A good tune and exhaust are proven to be the best mods you can do for your TT. I f you really want to go faster you would be better served to buy a Turbo S. That is still one of the quickest cars on the road and it's stock. You will never get your 997-1 TT to do a 2.7 0 to 60 time. And if you put a tune and exhaust on that bad boy it's a super rocket..
I was actually thinking the same thing. Leave my 07 stock, enjoy it for what a great car it is, wait until the new 911 TTT(?) hoop-la dies down and TTS prices drop, then buy a 12 or 13.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
kendall993
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sub'd
Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Nomak
Advanced

One of the funniest softronic thread ever
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...you-think.html
Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Nomak
Advanced

One of the softronic dealer claimed that he rans 1.5bar on his customers cars. On real world the cars died once hit 4th gear ( looks like car pull timing due high iat )

Im going to datalog that car and let you know
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Just go with Promototive and call it a day. He's the only one that can tune and sells his own products. The rest are just middle men that wants to empty your wallet.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys lets not give Softronic a bad rap, it's unfortunate that they partner with questionable distributors but they have a solid product with good customer support.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by eurotom
Guys lets not give Softronic a bad rap, it's unfortunate that they partner with questionable distributors but they have a solid product with good customer support.
+1

do some research on the guy behind the softronic tune and you'll know what Tom is referring to
Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM
MrBrendan
2nd Gear

Default APR

I'm reading a lot about the Softronic tune. Sounds like its pretty popular and people like it. Does anyone have an opinion on APR? I live in Rochester NY and the only Porsche tuner around here that I am aware of uses APR. My car is a 2008 997.1 Turbo manual. Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Vincent C.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would use softronic over everyone else....he will make it very easy for you to flash your car and you will not be dissappointed....vinnie
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Okay Dan Malmerstein is guy who edits peoples reviews of his products on his website .. So I'm sure he is a really good source about his own HP claims.. I'm sure he'll be honest This weasel used to sell cell phones and then realized he could make a fortune off of idiots like us that are so HP greedy. He is a scumbag... I deeply dispise that person. Enjoy your Softronic tune and be glad he has nothing to do with it.

And stop buying their crap! Angry me? Maybe...But for dam good reason..
Phillip you should read this thread its a good one

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ncy-power.html
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd love to contribute to that junk mod thread......

Quick Reply: Skeptical of Softtronic ECU Reflash Claims