Sponsored by:

Door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Fishdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door rattle

I hope this helps someone. Have had door rattle, both doors. Thought it was window as it worsened with top and windows down. Very annoying.

Brought it to dealer and detail guy tightened and adjusted receiving parts on frame. Thought he fixed it but block from dealer rattles (crap) back again.
Got home and started experimenting.

OK enough talk. Men I placed vaseline on the silver door thingy (you know the horizontal chrome U connector that holds the door shut) on both verticle door stops. Rattles are gone and been gone for 2 weeks.

Amazing how the little things can make or break.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

if you have only door rattles, you are lucky. I get those, and some more coming from the dash board vents (I think...) and the sunroof when opened and closed, and the rear window squeaks and creaks when you go up a slight uneven surface like my drive way. It is very bothersome, dealer already tried and said they put extra felt around rear window, but it didnt help. It will go back to the dealer shortly. This is a 2012 coupe.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search on the rear window creaking, and look on 6speed as well. I recall reading that there is a fix for that...
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 PM
cbm3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door/Speaker Rattle

I had a similar problem in my '05 997S. Did the same thing with the vaseline except that I applied it with a toothpick between the speaker grill and upper door trim. That solved a squeaking sound. However, the bigger problem was that there is a plastic tab below the screw hole just under the door handle (behind the rectangular cap). The tab appears to be there just to hold the carpet edge, which is glued to it. It had been pressed upward and come loose from it's slot and was banging against a neighboring piece of plastic when driving and even more so when the radio is on. I removed the whole door panel and discovered it, but had I known what it was, I could have fixed it by just removing the rectangular trim cap and pressing it down into place. Since I had the door apart anyway, I applied some adhesive foam weatherstripping to the piece as well as a few other areas that looked like they could be future culprits. Rattle gone, all back to normal.

Quick Reply: Door rattle