Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home Link problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 08:06 PM
sshu930
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Your instructions worked and saved me a lot of frustration.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Thanks. After all these years. The sucker finally works. 😀
Old 02-27-2016, 02:18 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Bumped. I couldn't get the 997 to accept the code. I gave up and setup the wifi controller in the 8550. Worked perfectly. Now I don't need a controller in any car.

Seems like a decent workaround. Until the internets go out...

-td
Old 02-27-2016, 03:05 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Originally Posted by himself
Bumped. I couldn't get the 997 to accept the code. I gave up and setup the wifi controller in the 8550. Worked perfectly. Now I don't need a controller in any car.

Seems like a decent workaround. Until the internets go out...

-td
Thanks for bumping this thread. I finally was able to program the homelink using the instructions in post #11.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:41 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

I'm new to Forum and a new 2012 Pamanera owner, I've tried a few times to program, but my issue is I live in a condo building with a liftmaster opener, and everyone has the same type of remote. The last time I tried to program it (after 3 tries) I got the flashing lights. Assumed it worked, but when tried the Homelink button, nothing. It's an older opener so I doubt it has the rolling code. Glad this forum is still alive too, seems to be an issue for many.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search for a post by DJ23, that process works perfect.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by CHI-ALAN
I'm new to Forum and a new 2012 Pamanera owner, I've tried a few times to program, but my issue is I live in a condo building with a liftmaster opener, and everyone has the same type of remote. The last time I tried to program it (after 3 tries) I got the flashing lights. Assumed it worked, but when tried the Homelink button, nothing. It's an older opener so I doubt it has the rolling code. Glad this forum is still alive too, seems to be an issue for many.
Did you clear the old codes first? Clear the old codes, and program fresh.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:08 AM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Thanks LexVan. yes, cleared old codes each time I tried to program. Found the model/series # for the garage door (LiftMaster Elite Series Logic 4.0) opener as well and going to contact LifeMaster. I'm in a Condo building and the opener is a commercial type. So if it has a rolling security code, which it probably does, won't be easy to get up on a ladder and find the "learn" button. May just have to keep the remote in the car. Thanks again
Old 03-06-2016, 10:11 AM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Greg Lab, thanks. I've searched everywhere and read many threads. I think the opener has a rolling code and will be harder for me to program though because of the above circumstances. I'll keep trying I guess
Old 08-28-2016, 12:33 PM
pgurt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ23
Finally took the time to really try and program my home link today. And yes it finally worked. For those who are still having an issue here is how I finally accomplished it.

1.) Clear any codes by pressig the outer 1 and 3 buttons simultaneously until the diode (to the right) starts to flash quickly.
2.) Then press the desired button you want to program until the diode begins to flash slowly.
3.) Hold tansmitter approx. 12 inches in front of bumper and press transmit button on remote until the daytime driving lights flash 3 times.
4.) Now press the "learn" button on the motor box of your garage door opener. A red indicator light will flash on the box. I had to use a ladder to do this and park my car just in front of the garage so that it would pick up the signal. Once the red learning light flashes get back in your car and push the same button that you are programing repeatedly until the garage door responds to the programmed button. I had to push my program button 4 times to learn the code, and have the garage door respond to the new signal.

That was it. You will know if you have a "learn" button on your motor box. Most motor boxes that have a little wire hanging down from them are learn, applicable boxes.

For those who have had a difficult time programming home link, try this. If it sitll doesn't work then call Home Link themselves to assist you. They have a 800 number on the internet to call.

Jay
Thank you, Thank you Thank you and Thank you.
Was going nuts trying to get Homelink to link. Daytime lights blinking like they're supposed to but no luck. Tried the learn button on the motor but without the proper steps to prep the car. Followed your directions and Viola!
Only thing I'd add is to block the safety beam along the garage floor to keep the door from closing while programming.
Rennlist is the best when it comes to all things Porsche!
Thanks again Jay.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:49 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Trying this today
Old 08-29-2016, 07:51 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After all this time, my home link now works. I was following a different process from a different thread that never worked
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Truly my best thread ever. Glad it's still working.

Jay
Old 08-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 778 Posts

Is this procedure different than the steps outlined in the owner's manual? I've successfully programmed my Homelink system to our front gate and two different garage door openers without issue. I followed the steps in the manual, which appear to be the same as the steps in this thread. Just curious....
Old 08-30-2016, 01:23 PM
pgurt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Is this procedure different than the steps outlined in the owner's manual? I've successfully programmed my Homelink system to our front gate and two different garage door openers without issue. I followed the steps in the manual, which appear to be the same as the steps in this thread. Just curious....
Not different, but in my case I had to add the steps involving the door opener itself before it worked. I tried the owner's manual several times without success. Got the blinking daytime lights but it just wouldn't work. Maybe my remote opener wasn't putting out a strong enough or clear enough signal.
Not sure if the Porsche learned the openers code or if the opener learned to recognize whatever signal the car was sending out. But it's working now so I'm happy.

Quick Reply: Home Link problems.