Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANY NEW 09 TURBO COUPES DELIVERED YET?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:58 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ANY NEW 09 TURBO COUPES DELIVERED YET?

Any New 09 Turbo Coupes Delivered Yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

despite the letters that were circulating last week from pcna appologizing to the owners who had deposited on new 09 turbo coupes that had been held in port due to some epa certification, and that pcnas assurance that deliveries would begin last friday, i still don't see any deliveries occuring. when i call my dealer, he tells me that the deliveries should be starting "soon", but the computer shows no hard and fast date. anyone with a delivery yet or more concrete info? anyone with a pro forma that shows that their car is on a truck? is this another stalling tactic? appreciate info.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
fs99
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm wondering the same thing. i'm in new york and presumably we would be one of the first to receive deliveries given that we are about 4 hours from the port by truck. i called the dealer yesterday and they still haven't received the usual shipment notification from pcna. i'm going to call again today to see if any other information is available. according to the letter i received last week the cars were supposed to be released on friday 10/10. we should all just head to the port in baltimore and see what's going on!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

We might be dealing with the same dealer-manhattan. I can tell you that I spoke to a couple other dealers yesterday and I got a similar response-any day now. I would think that they could get more specific info-if the cars aren't in by thursday, I think there is a b-s factor, as the letter that pcna sent to some people indicated release by last friday-you would think at least for the people waiting since august that they would put a move on it
Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 AM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

I was told that PNCA is still waiting for EPA approval to release the 2009 997TT's and they still have no definitive release date.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
fs99
Track Day

thanks sparkhill...did you receive a letter from PCNA last week as well? the letter clearly states the EPA certification problem has been resolved with cars being released on friday 10/10. but obviously if we don't see any cars in manhattan by the end of this week, then porsche is lying to all the purchasers of 09s.

docjackson1, the dealer keeps telling me they are waiting for a response from the northeast porsche rep. lots of high profile buyers complaining about delivery.maybe we just have to go down there and demand for the porsche rep's phone number
Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Sparkill-that would directly contradict the letter that pcna sent you, with the toy. All the dealers I spoke to yesterday reflected your letter, but none could provide a confirmed ship date. If what you are saying is correct, it could provide some credence to what another dealer told me last week, that they couldn't solve the problem and that the cars would be shipped back and sold abroad until the new engine came out. Sparkhill, how did you get your info that the letter is wrong?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fs99
thanks sparkhill...did you receive a letter from PCNA last week as well? the letter clearly states the EPA certification problem has been resolved with cars being released on friday 10/10. but obviously if we don't see any cars in manhattan by the end of this week, then porsche is lying to all the purchasers of 09s.

docjackson1, the dealer keeps telling me they are waiting for a response from the northeast porsche rep. lots of high profile buyers complaining about delivery.maybe we just have to go down there and demand for the porsche rep's phone number
fs99-is this manhatan porsche?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

listen-this crap is getting way too complicated-if they lied in their letter that they sent you guys, then they are not to be believed. either they are shipping them now or they aren't. maybe the three of us should talk and figure out for sure what the truth is
Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by docjackson1
listen-this crap is getting way too complicated-if they lied in their letter that they sent you guys, then they are not to be believed. either they are shipping them now or they aren't. maybe the three of us should talk and figure out for sure what the truth is
my email is docjackson1@yahoo.com-if you email me with your number, i will call you, or you can send me your email, and i will send you my cell number.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
fs99
Track Day

yeah manhattan motors on 11th ave. i'm waiting until lunch before i call the porsche sales manager and demand an answer. i have definitely contemplated cancelling my order
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

Yes, I did receive a letter. My impression was that the issue was resolved (or close to resolved) and PCNA was just waiting for the EPA to give the green light for release. The letter sent from PCNA on Oct 1 promising an Oct 10 release date was obviously incorrect -- no cars have been released yet. The latest info I posted came from my regional rep yesterday who said PCNA is still waiting for EPA approval. I think we are all just frustrated and guessing at this point. I have also contemplated canceling my order and picking up a heavily discounted used 997TT either now or in the Spring -- or just dumping some money back into the market. With winter approaching (we had snow last week) and the economy in the tank, I would think there would be strong motivation to get these cars out.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In this market, I wonder how anxious Manhattan MC will be to return your deposits, despite the fact the cars have not been delivered. Having dealt with that dealership on prior occassions they might resort to the fine print of the sales contract.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

What kind of EPA approval is needed?
It's not like it's a new engine or something...
Old 10-15-2008, 01:28 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

ok-new info-i spoke with the owner of a ny dealership (not manhattan)-he just got an email that despite the letter sent to everyone along with the toys that the cars were released on oct 10th, that never happened. apparently, the car is still not certified in ny. they are promissing certification soon, but who is to know when their info will be accurate. i personally feel bad for the people who have been going through this crap since august-i have only been in it for 3 weeks. pcna needs to communicate with the people who are spending huge sums of money to buy a car in an accurate and truthfull way.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

As of today (10/15/08) approx 45 of 50 states are certified and cleared and CARS ARE TO BE ROLLING.

Turbo anticipators, your wait is nearly over. Congrats. Will post if I hear more.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: ANY NEW 09 TURBO COUPES DELIVERED YET?