Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sharkwerks Race Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:50 PM
roche
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been talking to Alex for a couple weeks now about taking my Track exhaust off and getting the Bypass put on. When it finally came down to it, I just couldn't part with the Track.........my buddy has the Bypass on his .1RS and it doesn't even come close to sounding the same (personal preference).

The Track is VERY loud. Your neighbors will know when you come and go. You might attract unnecessary attention from LEOs. But...........you'll get TONS of attention from other car guys.

Instead of getting the Bypass, I finally decided to get the EVOMS tune from Sharwerks that "matches" the Track exhaust. Totally transformed the car.....throttle response is more sharp and the small loss of torgue associated with the Track exhaust is fixed.

I'm super happy with my set up.

I'd say the Bypass sounds more "exotic" and the Track sounds more "race car".
Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

^+1

having had both, track exhaust is exotic + loud race car. bypass is exotic but quite tame (inside the cabin) IMO. a nice compromise is just the side muffler deletes. or if your willing to spend some more, cup headers with 100 cell cats and side muffler delete with factory center (my current setup). best of both worlds
Old 03-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Luv2XcelR8
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by widers911
^+1

having had both, track exhaust is exotic + loud race car. bypass is exotic but quite tame (inside the cabin) IMO. a nice compromise is just the side muffler deletes. or if your willing to spend some more, cup headers with 100 cell cats and side muffler delete with factory center (my current setup). best of both worlds
Interesting impressions.

So when you had the track exhaust, did you like it?

As I said, this isn't a daily car, so it is okay with me if it is loud and sounds like a race car. Will be for fun cruises, car shows, and pleasure drives.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8
Interesting impressions.

So when you had the track exhaust, did you like it?

As I said, this isn't a daily car, so it is okay with me if it is loud and sounds like a race car. Will be for fun cruises, car shows, and pleasure drives.
yea it was great! i loved it, got a lot of thumbs up on the road and compliments. It will by far set your car apart from any of the bypass pipes. sold my car with all the mods and when I got a RS, i just wanted to try something different.

you really have nothing to lose given your situation
Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Track Exhaust

Here is some fun track exhaust vids of my car. Turn your speakers up

Then theres also this at cruising speed and u get the idea how loud this thing can be, skip ahead to 7:28:

Adding this alone, there is some loss in the low to mid range, so i highly recommend you get the appropriate tune from Sharkwerks for the track exhaust which helps lessen this.

From having road tripped my car with the track exhaust from SF to SD, if you are cruising on the freeway over 80 mph, you will have drone, and it is loud enough to have your ears ringing if you are driving for more than an hour.

WOT you will scare people, but if you keep it between 2800-3200 RPMS, you can cruise around and easily have a conversation in the car or listen to the radio. Its all in how u drive it

2nd Gear Pull, shot from inside

1st Gear Pull, shot from inside

The track exhaust began to wear on me, and I was getting a lot of complaints at my condo as well. Also with news on headers becoming available, I decided to try something different, with the mindset knowing I would be adding headers shortly after.

Bypass
While I do miss my track exhaust at times, there are more times Im happier with the bypass, including interstate driving, especially in stop and go traffic. My biggest worry when I went form the Track Exhaust to the Bypass was, am I going to be happy at all with this, and to answer that question, yes I have been.

Sharkwerks Bypass dB info measured at 1 meter behind the car at a 45° angle.

Idle:
Stock 77 dB
SW 81 dB

3000 rpm:
Stock 87 dB
SW 96 dB

4000 rpm:
Stock 93 dB
SW 100 dB

5000 rpm:
Stock 99 dB
SW 106 dB

6000 rpm:
Stock 101 dB
SW 108 dB

Sharkwerks Headers/Cats and Bypass

After going from Track exhaust, to Bypass, and now Bypass plus Headers, I can say this is the best combination. From a sound perspective, there is ZERO drone. This thing is track exhaust loud when WOT, yet bypass quiet when just cruising around. The best way to describe it is imagine being able to turn the volume up on the bypass. At WOT, the sound is a very clean wale, much cleaner sounding than the track exhaust which i thought was a little muddy.

More importantly than sound, with the retune optimized for this setup, there are significant gains across the range. The mid range pickup is significant to tell by the butt dyno, where i dont feel the need to have to gear down if im not in the ideal gear.

The Sharkwerks/Evoms Headers come with 200 Cell cats. They are fully modular so you can remove the cats when you go to the track and replace with a test pipe, which is nice so you arent burning your cats out.

I also added the Carnewal Remote Valve switch so I could control the functioning of the valves at any time.

Here are some videos with the header/bypass setup

And dont forget the 100mm tips!

Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Luv2XcelR8
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Team, does anybody know of a member in Atlanta that has the Shark race exhaust? I really want to hear it in person!

I think I am going to run the race exhaust and get a center bypass exhaust as well.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:33 AM
PanagiotisT
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luv2XcelR8, what did you end up doing? i am in the process of ordering the sharkwerks track exhaust with the EVOMSit SW to go with it and would like to have your impression
Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PanagiotisT
Luv2XcelR8, what did you end up doing? i am in the process of ordering the sharkwerks track exhaust with the EVOMSit SW to go with it and would like to have your impression
He has the Sharkwerks titanium race exhaust:
Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Sounds great!

Hopefully the owner will chime in and clear up what the exhaust system consists of. Sharkwerks does not sell a "titanium" exhaust....its stainless steel.

I'm curious to know if its their track exhaust, center bypass, Evoms headers/cats, Evoms tune or a combination of them.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:06 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
Sharkwerks does not sell a "titanium" exhaust....
Yes they do. Email them. Directly from Alex:

Hi,

That is our Titanium Race/Track exhaust which removes all mufflers and has 100mm tips built into it. It's very loud but weighs less than a set of stock tips! The entire system is about 4.5 pounds.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WantA997
Yes they do. Email them. Directly from Alex:

Hi,

That is our Titanium Race/Track exhaust which removes all mufflers and has 100mm tips built into it. It's very loud but weighs less than a set of stock tips! The entire system is about 4.5 pounds.

Interesting.....wonder why his website says stainless steel then? Or perhaps its something they provide when the customers specifies titanium? Maybe I'll call them.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8
Brandon,

Alex @Sharkwerks is a good friend of mine. Call him and tell him that "Tyler" sent you and that you are interested in the full titanium race exhaust.

This system is LOUD beyond belief but it sounds absolutely mental.
I like loud and I like mental.

Thanks Tyler
Old 02-01-2018, 10:13 AM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm selling the race exhaust that BMWTye posted for 1500 shipped if anyone is interested. PM me

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks Race Exhaust