Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Subframe Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:25 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Subframe Question

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the design of the rear subframe between the non-GT 997 models compared to GT2/GT3? The only difference I can confirm is the GT cars have solid subframe bushings, but are the pick up points and everything the same?

Of course the part numbers are all different, but comparing photos there doesn't appear to be any changes...

Thanks for any info
Old 02-01-2017, 05:35 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Does anyone know if there are any differences in the design of the rear subframe between the non-GT 997 models compared to GT2/GT3? The only difference I can confirm is the GT cars have solid subframe bushings, but are the pick up points and everything the same?

Of course the part numbers are all different, but comparing photos there doesn't appear to be any changes...

Thanks for any info
The only GT car I know that has a different subframe from its base car is the Cayman to the Cayman GT4. That has a completely different rear subframe from the 981 road going Cayman.

I know this doesn't answer your question about pick-up points on the sub frame but AP has said the GT2/3/RS 997s have the same body-in-white as the Carrera 4/Turbo. So the attach points to the tub would be the same. This is also suggested by being able to use the GT cars solid bushings on Carreras.

There are differences in the subframe cross brace. Mounting a GT3 sway bar on a Carrera necessitates a spacer on the Carrera's attach brackets because of this different sized cross brace. Or you can just swap a GT3 rear cross brace in. Here's a post about some differences in a GTS, for example, from a GT3. The only difference they could find was this rear cross brace:

http://www.brrperformance.com/blog/?p=1500
Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
The only GT car I know that has a different subframe from its base car is the Cayman to the Cayman GT4. That has a completely different rear subframe from the 981 road going Cayman.

I know this doesn't answer your question about pick-up points on the sub frame but AP has said the GT2/3/RS 997s have the same body-in-white as the Carrera 4/Turbo. So the attach points to the tub would be the same. This is also suggested by being able to use the GT cars solid bushings on Carreras.

There are differences in the subframe cross brace. Mounting a GT3 sway bar on a Carrera necessitates a spacer on the Carrera's attach brackets because of this different sized cross brace. Or you can just swap a GT3 rear cross brace in. Here's a post about some differences in a GTS, for example, from a GT3. The only difference they could find was this rear cross brace:

http://www.brrperformance.com/blog/?p=1500
Thank you very much, this confirms what I was thinking... I think
Old 02-02-2017, 02:50 PM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Porsche 2007 997 RSR 997.331.051.9C
Porsche 2008 997 Cup 997.331.051.9A

All I had for manuals handy (essentially the same part)

Ray

Quick Reply: Subframe Question