Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Nose lift, CPO, PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

any updates?
anyone knows how to cancel the warning malfunction light from the lift system ( I have a Durametric Pro ).
Thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 02:51 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 308 Posts

Not sure Durametric can do it, perhaps disconnecting/removing the unit will do it after reconnecting the battery(?)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick 930
any updates?
anyone knows how to cancel the warning malfunction light from the lift system ( I have a Durametric Pro ).
Thanks
curious what fault codes are manifest?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

No faulty codes
Old 03-21-2017, 11:53 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick 930
any updates?
Thanks
Someone described a drive without activating lift would do it. Not a short drive though. Don't remember the exact description.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:54 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Before I had my new one installed, the Lift Malfunction kept lighting up, for months. It disappears but comes back unless it's repaired. Perhaps after removing the unit/disconnecting wires it will "forget" the lift(?)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

I had been searching front lift wiring diagram to find out which switch to disconnect w/o success. Anyone knows?
Old 03-23-2017, 12:33 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Mine doesn't work the way it's supposed to either. Press button, nose goes up. Press button, nose doesn't go down. Have to get to 35MPH or whatever then it goes back down. Dealer told me that the cage was allegedly in the way of getting to the pump to fix. Couldn't be bothered to have a fight about it. Gotta read these 9 pages...maybe I'm missing an easy fix.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brownan
Mine doesn't work the way it's supposed to either. Press button, nose goes up. Press button, nose doesn't go down. Have to get to 35MPH or whatever then it goes back down. Dealer told me that the cage was allegedly in the way of getting to the pump to fix. Couldn't be bothered to have a fight about it. Gotta read these 9 pages...maybe I'm missing an easy fix.
I believe this is indicative of the failure of one of the pressure switches 1-bar (but I am not 1100% certain of this) ... did the dealer mention *what* fix he was unable to conduct because of the cage being in they way?

I hate to say it, but this is usually a temporary condition, on its way to complete failure eventually.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brownan
thinking about this, how could that be, the unit is on the underside of the car under the transmission tunnel???
Old 09-05-2017, 10:49 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have, in another thread, proof that it is the mentioned pressure switch (the one indicated by '13' in the mounting face) that will fix the problem for the ones of us with the issue of lift working, but dropping only possible by exceeding then auto-drop-down-speed.

So, I'm looking into replacing that switch.

Progress status is, that I have tried to find out which compressor I have (000 111-> or 000 112 ->) as the pressure switch is dependent of the compressor version. I would like to avoid taking the entire system down, as the cooling pipes are in the way and I'm not feeling too confident on pushing them too much.
Anyone have insight in this?
Anyone have insight into the compressor type? I can see that it is marked with 04/2010, which seems right as a date, but I see no Porsche part no. Only a number from Ventrex who produced the compressor. I've tried them, they are of no help.
I'm in the US in a months time and will try to get both pressure switches home with me, as they are way more expensive in Denmark and then just replace with one and else try the other, unless anyone can enlighten me on either the date the compressor changed part no, or on a safe and easy way of taking the entire system down to check further for part no.
Only issue here is, that I from pictures of the system cannot see anywhere a Porsche part number should be placed in the compressor...

The other thread is here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=932329&page=2
Old 09-06-2017, 03:12 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

My entire system was replaced and when I spoke to the tech he said he would get it in without removing coolant pipes-I assume he did.
I was not able to see the old unit, it was "sent away" probably back to Germany.
ive been using the lift sparingly during the summer due to humidity-can't wait for our so called winter when at least the humidity drops significantly 😃
Right now getting ready for hurricane Irma, warehouse 👍
Old 09-06-2017, 09:16 PM
hardrs
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My 2010 GT3 is serviced by a Factory-owned dealership in Sydney and, when the axle lift system failed, in very much the same way as JB911's did, the dealership made me replace the entire unit. As a concession, they shared the cost of the part (A$22000.00).
From following similar threads in our forum over the past few years, it's my impression that failure of the axle lift system is a common problem - I suspect that most, if not all of the early units will fail over time.
As with the RMS leak-issue in the 996, I don't think that Porsche wants owners to know that this is a common problem, which is disingenuous on their part. Rather than doing a Factory recall, they're letting owners foot the bill for a defective part.
I'm relieved that my 2010 GT3 RS was supplied without the axle lift option!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM
point2point
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 63 Posts

My car is currently at the dealer for CPO repair. Symptoms are similar to what's been reported in this thread - 1) pressing the button raises the nose, but dash light never comes on; 2) nose won't lower with button press, but only when speed threshold is exceeded. Porsche authorized replacement of the entire system including the front struts.

For those of you who have had the entire system replaced, have problems with the front axle lift ever returned? Is this a permanent fix or is there a design flaw that limits the life of the system?
Old 09-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by point2point
My car is currently at the dealer for CPO repair. Symptoms are similar to what's been reported in this thread - 1) pressing the button raises the nose, but dash light never comes on; 2) nose won't lower with button press, but only when speed threshold is exceeded. Porsche authorized replacement of the entire system including the front struts.

For those of you who have had the entire system replaced, have problems with the front axle lift ever returned? Is this a permanent fix or is there a design flaw that limits the life of the system?
I'm convinced this is a symptom of the 13bar pressure switch failing...

Quick Reply: Nose lift, CPO, PCNA