Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone @ The Ridge on 12/26?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:35 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Anyone @ The Ridge on 12/26?

Tempted to head out and depreciate the car. Weather looks to be clearing up.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:26 PM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome how the video you post in you sig is edited to show how far superior your better-than-everyone-else car is compared to all the cars you pass (and so meticulously list in the description). Your driving is ... pretty terrible. I would be much more interested in you posting a full, unobstructed lap where we could evaluate timing. That won't happen, as I assume the result would be utterly disappointing and embarrassing given the hardware you have to work with. Next time you're at the Ridge focus on becoming a better driver, not how your shiny new car is better than everyone else's.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLCOMM
Awesome how the video you post in you sig is edited to show how far superior your better-than-everyone-else car is compared to all the cars you pass (and so meticulously list in the description). Your driving is ... pretty terrible. I would be much more interested in you posting a full, unobstructed lap where we could evaluate timing. That won't happen, as I assume the result would be utterly disappointing and embarrassing given the hardware you have to work with. Next time you're at the Ridge focus on becoming a better driver, not how your shiny new car is better than everyone else's.
I assume that you know Stephen well enough to say something so funny

@Stephen - have fun at Ridge, I'll be lying on a beach in Cuba on 12/26
Old 12-22-2015, 04:02 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ILLCOMM
Thanks for taking the time to make that most enlightening post.

Now get a drink, get over yourself, and chill the f*ck out.

Not sure how one video can be that offensive. Was asked to piece something together from friends/members and took some time and did. (almost) everyone enjoyed it and reading about my experience:

Post #57 and #116:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...essions-4.html

However, yup; was driving horribly that day. 2hrs zzz, pick-up the car the evening prior to a 4hr+ drive down to the track. Breaking it in, trying new lines, and all braking, throttle inputs, shifting 6500-7500 rpms, too much to adjust to, etc. Very correct on poor driving. Not one clean lap and too much to adjust to. Video obviously shows the cars' ease to drive/potential with a sh*t driver.

Back on topic,... anyone heading out 12/26?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:03 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
@Stephen - have fun at Ridge, I'll be lying on a beach in Cuba on 12/26
Have a great vacation Tim! Just let me know where your 7.2 RS keys are.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:05 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Thanks for taking the time to make that most enlightening post.

Now get a drink, get over yourself, and chill the f*ck out.

Not sure how one video can be that offensive. Was asked to piece something together from friends/members and took some time and did. (almost) everyone enjoyed it and reading about my experience:

Post #57 and #116:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...essions-4.html

However, yup; was driving horribly that day. 2hrs zzz, pick-up the car the evening prior to a 4hr+ drive down to the track. Breaking it in, trying new lines, and all braking, throttle inputs, shifting 6500-7500 rpms, too much to adjust to, etc. Very correct on poor driving. Not one clean lap and too much to adjust to. Video obviously shows the cars' ease to drive/potential with a sh*t driver.

Back on topic,... anyone heading out 12/26?
LOL, that is why I stopped recording the laps I ran. Everyone is an expert on driving. Enjoy the new car!
Old 12-22-2015, 07:31 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread is funny

SSTHO watch the soft mud off track at the ridge in December
Old 12-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Next to a pro driver like pat long or leh keen we are all slow. so keep your d1cks in your pants and go have fun at the track.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:15 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

Wow. Never seen someone make such an angry post based on something in an OP's signature. Maybe if it read "You all suck; I'm a god in my RS!" it would be somewhat warranted...but it doesn't. Were you abused by an RS as a child?
Old 12-23-2015, 02:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Tempted to head out and depreciate the car. Weather looks to be clearing up.
it's day after xmas. you sure you got enough brownie points? i am grounded. until i get my superior than everyone else's RS, i listen to wife. may have to sell 500E too. but when it arrives the garage... hahahahaha..... i will have the upper hand.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Next to a pro driver like pat long or leh keen we are all slow. so keep your d1cks in your pants and go have fun at the track.
pat long... meh, i drove with him last year, he handed me his pink slip..

leh will be next. i looked for him at RRV, he was hiding from me. else he would have to hand me that pink slip to that safari car...
Old 12-23-2015, 03:07 AM
John Chan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really, Is it all you can do with the equipments you have lol
Only 21 views on YouTube for how many years out there, well said!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:35 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NorthVan
LOL, that is why I stopped recording the laps I ran. Everyone is an expert on driving. Enjoy the new car!
That's sad E. You should record and keep, enjoy and share with like minded people. Love to see your ORP laps! Haven't been there yet.

Originally Posted by P.J.S.
this thread is funny

SSTHO watch the soft mud off track at the ridge in December
Thanks PJ. Too bad this day is cancelled now. Was going to look up Charles D. @ Gerber to dyno RS and try exhaust mod. Jamie B. And I will have to wait.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Wow. Never seen someone make such an angry post based on something in an OP's signature. Maybe if it read "You all suck; I'm a god in my RS!" it would be somewhat warranted...but it doesn't. Were you abused by an RS as a child?
Not taking the bait and going to troll. Leaving that for fishcation in FL w/Erik post Winterfest.

Originally Posted by mooty
i am grounded. until i get my superior than everyone else's RS.
Pass Cup cars, get latte, and go to 5-star dinner with 991 RS. Someone wise once told me this.

Originally Posted by John Chan
8-19-2013, The Ridge, Session 4 - YouTube
Really, Is it all you can do with the equipments you have lol
Only 21 views on YouTube for how many years out there, well said!
Enjoyed watching the video. Only drove once with 997 GT2 at Ridge. U. with Nordic Gold GT2 and I had fun. But I get 7 GT2 now. New perspective.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:36 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Sadly, this 12/26 track day is cancelled now.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Quick Reply: Anyone @ The Ridge on 12/26?