Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

AC Recirculate interior return vent location

Old 09-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts
Default AC Recirculate interior return vent location

Where do I find the interior return vent for AC recirculate mode? I know where the fresh air intake is on passenger side under hood, near windshield. However, I'm trying to find the interior intake vents for recirculate mode.

I'm dealing with the musty smell problem and it only occurs on recirculate mode. Any other parts of the AC system I should try to disinfect (including where they are located)?
Old 09-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Evolved Rs
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Recirc intake should be in the passenger foot well. Try to spray a demold product into the Hvac plenum as well.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:53 AM
griffiths
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

http://members.rennlist.com/sharkski...er-HoodPad.htm
and,

book mark this one
http://www.nichols.nu/tips.htm
Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I about had a headache just reading thru the 928 owner's repair of his AC unit! And I think changing oil myself is a challenging maintenance procedure. What a thing to tackle.

And you can buy cans of aerosol spray for a mildew problem in car AC systems. I have used it before. Our cars get some musty odor from the HVAC when we are staying at the beach for a few days, with all the humidity. It goes away after a few days. I tend to get a little musty after a week at the beach myself.

Spent about 5 hours yesterday putting up a new dining room hanging light at my daughter's place up in Charlotte. Jeeze what a job, esp with the big medallion she wanted. Had to improvise a sturdy support to hang the chain and wires from, as there was no wooden beams where she wanted it, and all these pipes and wires and vent tubing were in the way. When I finally flipped the circuit breaker I was greatly relieved that it worked.

Had to make a run to Lowes for some parts, and followed a nice blue GT3 in traffic, I couldn't tell from the rear if it was a 2nd gen car or a new one. Really fat hips on the car when followed.

Today, I tackle putting up crown molding. Still have all my fingers from using my chop saw.

All the best...
Old 09-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts
Default AC Recirculate interior return vent location

Originally Posted by griffiths
Thanks, I'm one more easy/lazy attempt at fixing the the problem myself before I just take it to a professional.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC Recirculate interior return vent location